Journal Comments - Forty Two Miles A Day And Going Nowhere. - CycleBlaze

From Forty Two Miles A Day And Going Nowhere. by Kelly Iniguez

marilyn swett commented on a photo in Back to winter riding paradise

Ok, hope this comment gets to you! Love that Saguaro!

Rachael Anderson commented on Pedaling in the New Year

Great job with putting in so many miles! I’m glad we had a chance to meet, I’m going to miss running into you on the loop. Have a safe trip home. We look forward to reading about your future adventures.

Kelly Iniguez commented on Pedaling in the New Year

Suzanne,

Thank you for the warm greeting. I hope you have many cycling opportunities in 2021!

Suzanne Gibson commented on Pedaling in the New Year

Happy to discover your journal and to follow along on your warm weather rides! Well done on reaching your goal and a happy New Year!

Bill Shaneyfelt commented on Pedaling in the New Year

Enjoyed the rides! Thanks for the nature photos!
Happy New Year.

1 month ago
Scott Anderson commented on My last ride for 2020.

Have a safe drive home. Are you coming back down in February?

1 month ago
Kelly Iniguez commented on Wind before the rain.

Oh, yes, your enthusiasm for the area was a major reason we decided to pull it out of the Ten Eurekas tour and ride a loop there!

1 month ago
Gregory Garceau replied to a comment by Kelly Iniguez on Wind before the rain.

If you DO get to tour in Upper Michigan this summer, make sure you visit the Porcupine Mountains, jump into Lake Superior, and eat as many pasties as possible.

1 month ago
Steve Mcallister commented on It's decided: my favorite section of The Loop is Harrison Greenway

Many of the coyotes here are like stray dogs. They are relaxed around people and some will even beg for food. The gas station in the town of "Why" has a "Please do not feed the coyotes" sign. And the coyotes there will come right up to you while you are pumping gas and be all cute.
There are couple coyotes that hang out in the cemetery across from me. They have come to know me since I shout out to them when I ride by. They will sometimes run along side me in a friendly matter when I ride by.

1 month ago
Kelly Iniguez commented on It's decided: my favorite section of The Loop is Harrison Greenway

We didn't consider it necessary in advance to do a google search. However, NOW I am checking. They closed on March 19th, with a gate across the road - no access by foot, bicycle, or motor vehicle. No word on when they will open.

1 month ago
Scott Anderson commented on It's decided: my favorite section of The Loop is Harrison Greenway

That’s so great about the coyote. I saw one crossing the bike path just in front of me along the Santa Cruz last time we were down here. He stood still watching me, half his body through the side railing, and then slipped down into the wash.

That’s a shame about Jacinto and Kitt Peak. I wonder if it is closed for snow or ice. Good to know - I’ve been considering driving out there myself.

1 month ago
jerry witherspoon commented on It's decided: my favorite section of The Loop is Harrison Greenway

Think of ole spoon as that coyote; standing on the centerline as you ride on.

spoon

1 month ago
Kelly Iniguez commented on a photo in It’s cold enough for an Elmer Fudd hat!

Kathleen,

Yes -that Don and Marilyn. They have taken up a new version of touring a la the Andersons' - the Swetts' have purchased a travel trailer and are traveling around at the moment, staying here and there for a week or so and doing base camp riding. I believe Marilyn's plan is to write a journal of their rides once their trip is finished. They are actually here in the Tucson area, but we are not getting together because of COVID.

1 month ago
Mike Ayling commented on It’s cold enough for an Elmer Fudd hat!

Kelly,
7,000 miles is a very respectable total for any year let alone 2020.
Well done!

Mike

1 month ago
Kathleen Jones commented on a photo in It’s cold enough for an Elmer Fudd hat!

Is that Marilyn and Don Swett that you mean? I miss hanging with them on that other site.