First CB Journal Posted!! - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

First CB Journal Posted!!

Mike Jamison

This feels a bit too much like self promotion, but I wanted to mention what a pleasure it is to have just posted my first CB journal ... one of a handful that used to be hosted on the "old site." There will be others over the next 2-3 weeks as I double check them and clean them up a bit. My next move is to make a donation to the Cycle Blaze coffers. I actually think Jeff or someone else ported over my old journals several weeks (or even a couple months) ago, but life distracted me from wondering where they stood and I lost track of it until Jeff sent me an email letting me know they were GTG..

One other note ... well two others: The most important is the encouragement from many here to post my old journals. After the ugliness that took place on the "old site" I'd lost my enthusiasm for journaling and gave up the notion for quite a while. So thank you good folks for pulling me out of that funk.

The other note I hesitate to share, but will, because it connects to my appreciation of the community here. A couple days ago I shared in another CB forum topic that I'd kind of lost my enthusiasm for writing journals after being one of many "purged" from the old site. To be fair I referred to that purging as a pogrom ... strong words, but essentially true. Imagine my surprise when last night I received an email from the administrator of the "old site" lambasting me for that post, saying (among other choice words) that he was sick of people like me turning against him and "shitposting" on Cycle Blaze forums. He also said we should all be ashamed of ourselves.

That tells me that the admin of the old site devotes ample time to scouring the forums here on Cycle Blaze. Good lord, it's like being stalked. Or maybe we're just so fascinating he can't look away and misses us all terribly. Anyway, VERY happy to be here, and thanks for the good vibes.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Mike AylingTo Mike Jamison

I look forward to reading your journal, Mike.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Kathleen JonesTo Mike Jamison

I enjoyed your journal very much, Mike. While reading, I thought, “Baking soda. Hmmm. Let’s see how this pans out.” A life lesson to be sure.

I look forward to reading more.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Lyle McLeodTo Mike Jamison

Mike,

Welcome aboard. Loved your first post and look forward to many more. You’ve also given everyone here a new ‘touring rule of thumb’ - cornstarch good, baking soda bad. Thanks for NOT posting pictures 😳! As a long time FZ fan, also particularly loved the journal title.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Bruce LellmanTo Mike Jamison

Welcome to CycleBlaze, Mike.  Please do not ever lose enthusiasm for writing your journals.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Andrea BrownTo Mike Jamison

I was reading your post and listening to random music and The Decemberists' 'Sons and Daughters' was on. By the time I got to your last two paragraphs the closing lines were playing "Here all the bombs fade away" over and over and over. 

So. Welcome to CycleBlaze. We're glad you're here. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1MsDPtPCpZ4

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesTo Mike Jamison

Dodie just read your baking soda adventure and laughed so hard. She was a nurse before retirement. REALLY glad you have joined us here in "The Good Place ".  Hope to read more of your adventures soon.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Ron SuchanekTo Mike Jamison

If your journals are as entertaining and well-written as this post, we are in for a treat. 

Welcome to Cycleblaze. Good people, no backtalk, to paraphrase the Coffee People motto. 

Ok, maybe a little backtalk... 

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Karen CookTo Mike Jamison

Hi Mike.

Welcome to Cycle Blaze!

Karen

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Rich FrasierTo Mike Jamison

Let me add my voice to the welcome committee and also encourage you to post as much as you can.  Toxic people are best avoided and forgotten.  There’s a lovely group of human beings here that are interested and supportive.  Everything a journal writer could want!

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago