Journal Comments - Pau to Porto 2019 - CycleBlaze

From Pau to Porto 2019 by Patrick O'Hara & Susanna Mulligan

Patrick O'Hara commented on Viana do Castelo (Cabedelo)

Hi Scott. Cheers.

Whenever your tours end, I also miss following along. Sue and I spent the morning here walking to Porto’s various bike shops looking for boxes. Success! It’s always a crapshoot trying to find boxes at the end of a tour. Now I’m watching The Tour. Did you watch yesterday’s stage? Vars, Izoard, and Galibier.

8 months ago
Scott Anderson commented on Viana do Castelo (Cabedelo)

Good decision. Sounds like an excellent use of the trains. Sorry you’re at the end of the road though - I’ll miss following along.

Scott Anderson commented on a photo in Vigo to Viana do Castelo

I’m glad to see this. We’ll be here in a few months ourselves and I’ve been wondering how the coast roads would be.

Patrick O'Hara commented on a photo in Vigo to Viana do Castelo

Thanks you Grampies,

I have also followed many of your trips as well. There seems to be a very dedicated Cascadia contingent of cycle tourers out there. Sorry to hear that your previous tour ended abruptly. And, how did your wife’s knee hold out? Hope all is well. And, hopefully we never need to call 112. Cheers. Patrick.

Steve Miller/Grampies commented on a photo in Vigo to Viana do Castelo

Most of Europe calls 112, we believe. The problem is less how to reach them and more how to actually communicate when you are in a country where your linguistic skills are minimal.

Patrick O'Hara commented on a photo in A Fonsagrada to Lugo

Thanks Scott.

Scott Anderson commented on a photo in A Fonsagrada to Lugo

Beautiful!

8 months ago
Patrick O'Hara replied to a comment by Scott Anderson on a photo in Cangas del Narcea to A Fonsagrada

Hi Scott. Thanks for your comment. Sitting here in Lugo. A long day ahead to Santiago today. I believe that you are passing through here on your next European tour. Nice city. 5 more days until Porto. I can’t believe this trip is nearing it’s end.

Scott Anderson commented on a photo in Cangas del Narcea to A Fonsagrada

A trifecta - bikes, scenery, and you all in one shot! The other traffic in the road makes it especially great though.

Elizabeth MacDougall commented on Riano to Oviedo

So amazing! Take good care!oxo

8 months ago
Patrick O'Hara commented on Time to get the gear out from under the bed!

Hi Jacquie,

Sorry for the late responses to your comments. You’re right. A big difference, but, as you know, such a treat sometimes. Ah. Can you say, clean sheets?

Jacquie Gaudet commented on Zarautz to Bilbao

Scott's experience matches mine, but I just looked and I rode from Itxaspe to Lekeitio on July 21 three years ago. Long weekend or something, perhaps?

I love that in Europe you can usually do a "get-me-out-of-here" train trip.

Jacquie Gaudet commented on a photo in Bedous to Saint Jean Pied de Port

I remember that--and drinking an entire litre of water in Larrau before I started because it was already hot.

Jacquie Gaudet commented on a photo in Day ride in Bedous

Me too! Sadly, there weren't many in the areas I visited this year.

Jacquie Gaudet commented on a photo in On the hunt in Toulouse

Did you move all your col stickers or get new ones?