Journal Comments - "Vibes" - CycleBlaze

From "Vibes" by Jeff Lee

Kelly Iniguez commented on Day Thirty-seven: Sparta, Wisconsin to West Baraboo, Wisconsin

I know that counting down feeling. I'm glad you are at a nice place overnight. That always improves my mood.

2 hours ago
Bill Shaneyfelt commented on a photo in Day Thirty-seven: Sparta, Wisconsin to West Baraboo, Wisconsin

Sandhill cranes

2 hours ago

Snapping turtle. Females emerge from water during spring/summer and roam about looking for a good spot to lay eggs.

2 hours ago

Queen Anne's lace

2 hours ago
Denise Summerson commented on a photo in Day Thirty-four: Estherville, Iowa to Albert Lea, Minnesota

It's pronounced `Soo kup. Have sure enjoyed your ride and glad to hear you're feeling better!

8 hours ago
Bill Shaneyfelt commented on a photo in Day Thirty-six: Lanesboro, Minnesota to Sparta, Wisconsin

Looks like bee balm.

10 hours ago

Really nice gopher snake specimen!

10 hours ago
John Egan commented on a map in Day Thirty-six: Lanesboro, Minnesota to Sparta, Wisconsin

I'm of two minds about bike trails. It's nice to be completely away from traffic, but I do tire of the "tunnel of trees" and, if it is crowded with inexperienced cycled riding two or three abreast, then it is hard to make good time.

You are getting pretty darn close to Manitowoc.

15 hours ago
Mark Bingham commented on a map in Day Thirty-five: Albert Lea, Minnesota to Lanesboro, Minnesota

The Root River Trail is really nice but, unfortunately, you picked the most touristy place on the entire route. Make sure you read about the Standstill Parade in Whalen, the town right next door. And get some pie if the store is open.

1 day ago
Jeff Lee replied to a comment by Toni Romp-Friesen on a photo in Day Thirty-one: Yankton, South Dakota to Rock Valley, Iowa

I agree, and I should do it more often. The reason I often don't is that I forget to ask, or I feel like it's maybe an imposition to ask someone if I can take their picture.

1 day ago
Toni Romp-Friesen commented on a photo in Day Thirty-five: Albert Lea, Minnesota to Lanesboro, Minnesota

You sound like Popeye ("I am what I am!")

1 day ago
Toni Romp-Friesen commented on a photo in Day Thirty-two: Rock Valley, Iowa to Estherville, Iowa

I'll tell Wil, who was raised a Mennonite...

1 day ago
Toni Romp-Friesen commented on a photo in Day Thirty-one: Yankton, South Dakota to Rock Valley, Iowa

this almost looks like a painting....

1 day ago

I like it when you put a face with the people you mention in your blog. People are often just as interesting as places...

1 day ago
Faith Lee commented on a map in Day Thirty-five: Albert Lea, Minnesota to Lanesboro, Minnesota

Are you sure that guy wasn’t “Hulk Hogan”? 😜