Well, we're not in the middle of nowhere, but we can see it from here - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

April 6, 2022

Well, we're not in the middle of nowhere, but we can see it from here

Tallahassee to Starke, FL

The big day has finally arrived! We're finally leaving Tally after spending nearly 4 weeks here. It's sad to be leaving new friends, but we have lots of adventures planned for the rest of our trip. 

Frankly, I'm looking forward to leaving Florida and exploring a new state! But not quite yet, we're just moving a short ways east of Tally to Starke in order to attend a dance Saturday in Gainesville. And while we could have probably camped again at Kate's Fish Camp in Gainesville, it really was a bit too "rustic" for us, so the KOA in Starke was a better choice. 

Again, we expected the morning to be rainy but it was dry which made the hitching up and loading of the bikes into the trailer easier. By 10:30 we were on the road east. 

It was a short drive - about 2.5 hours but we did run into a couple of rain squalls. I crossed my fingers that it would end by the time we reached Starke.

By 1:30, we were pulling into the KOA and it was dry - yea! What a nice campground - there is lots of space between sites which is a change from other crowded parks. They could probably put twice as many RV's in if they wanted, but we sure appreciate not being jammed into someone's slide-out!

It took the usual 2 hours or so to set up camp and we were both pooped by the time we had finished. While my feet had felt good this morning, they were sore again by evening. 

We were both famished after all of our work, so Don's grilled steak dinner tasted pretty good! The rest of the night was spent relaxing and talking about our upcoming travels. 

This RV was parked next to us in Tallahassee. It was for a team of 3 disc golf players, including Alexis. The opposite side pictured the other 2 team members.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Welcome to the Starke KOA. Now make sure you keep to that speed limit!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0