The Mile Hi City at last - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

August 5, 2022

The Mile Hi City at last

Well, after 4 long days of driving as we traveled from Iowa to Denver, we finally made it home yesterday morning. It was very tiring but we were able to break it up a bit by a visit to long time friends and doing a wine tasting in a Kansas winery. Their chocolate/elderberry wine was SO good! I was bummed that we only bought one bottle. 

So now we're back in Denver and the "fun" begins. We are going to be putting our condo on the market and moving to Mesa, AZ. While we were in Ohio, we purchased a park model in the over 55 community we stayed at last January. 

It was quite an interesting process as we still haven't physically been in the place. We just did a zoom video tour with the realtor and the offer, money transfer and signing of documents all was handled on-line. Except we did have to find a notary in Columbus to sign the closing papers. 

But we really like Arizona and Mesa in particular as it's a nice place to live, lots of dancing nearby and good biking access. We'll spend the winters there and in the summer take the trailer on our travels across the country. 

We'll miss our friends in Denver but no longer have any ties to keep us here and just think - no more snow to deal with!! 

We have lots of packing and sorting to do before we can move and have plans to take the trailer to Mesa in September where we'll leave her. Then we'll be starting in on the park model as it needs new flooring, a deck and appliances. Then it's back to Denver for more work. Lots and lots to do. 

I'm closing out this journal and sending out a thanks to everyone for following us on our crazy trip. For the future, I don't plan to do another journal like this one as it's really too hard to do on the road and this site is more for bike tourers. If we actually do a real bike tour (which we hope to do in the future), then I'll do a journal covering just that. 

So long from corn country!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Bill ShaneyfeltThanks for all the nature photos!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rich FrasierThanks for taking us along, Marilyn! I enjoyed the journey!!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Kathleen JonesThanks for the ride!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
marilyn swettTo Bill ShaneyfeltAnd thanks to you for all the help with identifying things!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago