The mountains are calling and I must go - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

August 1, 2022 to August 4, 2022

The mountains are calling and I must go

Adel, Iowa to Denver, Colorado

Well folks, the day has finally arrived. Today is the day we start our final push back to Colorado. As we'll be driving shorter days, so it's not too tiring, we'll take 4 days for the journey. 

We have lots to do when we get to Denver and will be very busy. I don't plan to update the journal until we get home as it's too hard when on the road like this. 

So please be patient! 

Good morning to y'all!
Heart 0 Comment 0
The campground here has these 2 "glamping" tents. There are queen sized beds inside along with dressers, lamps and rugs. Even an air conditioner. Very cushy!
Heart 0 Comment 2
Kelly IniguezThere’s someone on Airbnb in Gateway, advertising a galamping tent for $150. A night. Highway robbery, except the Gateway Resort is over $400.

I looked at the tent for this spring. I saw no mention of either heating or AC. In this case, it sounded like regular tent living except for the upgraded bed!

I didn’t end up going at all.

Gateway in the summer, without AC would be miserable!

Here’s wishing you uneventful travels!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
marilyn swettWe didn't check the prices for these tents, but I bet they were cheaper than Gateway. But no bathroom inside would be a deal breaker unless that was the only option.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Gregory GarceauWell, you've sure had a long and adventurous trip. I'm glad you got to spend a little time cycling in my old home state--Iowa. The High Trestle Bridge and the Patee Hotel are pretty special. A couple times I rode in an annual organized bike ride that begins in Perry, goes to Ripley, and then back to Perry. It happens on the first Saturday in February, no matter the weather. (It's usually pretty darn cold.) It's called The BRR. (Bike Ride to Ripley)

Hopefully all will be well when you get home and you'll be able to rest up for your next trip.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
marilyn swettThanks Greg - Iowa was one of those surprising states, at least where we were with some decent biking and dancing. I think I will pass on the February ride, though. WAY too cold and probably snowy and icy!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago