If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

February 4, 2022

If you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain

Gulfport, MS to Mobile, AL and back

Boy, when it rains down here it REALLY rains!! It came down in buckets all last night, and continued off and on all day today. There was also a cold north wind blowing which brought the temps down into the low 40's with a wind chill taking it colder than that. 

We pretty much just hunkered down inside our warm home, reading and working on our computers. From what I could see, everyone else here in the park did the same, unless they had to walk their dog. Don cooked up some chili in our new instant pot which hit the spot for dinner. 

After dinner we dressed and headed out the door for this evening's dance in Mobile, AL. It was about an hour's drive away from Gulfport. Fortunately the rain had stopped falling by now.

Tonight we were dancing at the Starlight Ballroom dance studio. They had a nice large wood floor and very friendly people - most of whom came over to welcome us to Mobile. There were only about 8 couples in attendance so we had lots of room to move around. 

We made it to the end of the dance at 9:30 pm, then headed back to Gulfport. It seemed like a long drive and we were both pretty tired by the time we got home. It would have been nice to stay closer to Gulfport but other than a place to go on Saturdays, I couldn't find any dancing to do except in the casino nightclubs. Not going to do that with Covid breathing down our necks! 

The Starlight Ballroom in Mobile was a nice facility with friendly people.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0