Hoofing it for New Year's Eve - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

December 31, 2021

Hoofing it for New Year's Eve

Ending the year kicking up our heels

Boy, can you believe 2021 is nearly over?? We sure hope that 2022 is a better one. 

We spent the day puttering around camp as we dodged some light rain showers. It was chilly out and wouldn't have been good for biking. 

Since we had a mostly free day, we decided to drive to Prescott Valley to deliver some organ parts and a small portable organ that we had sold to a guy there. Don wanted to get rid of all of this stuff before we move to Tucson. 

It was a 2 hour drive and as we climbed in elevation again, we ran into rain and clouds that obscured the highway. But we wanted to get this done today as there was snow coming into that area tomorrow. 

We quickly dropped off the items and made the return drive back to Apache Junction. There was quite a bit of traffic in town, but made it home just in time to get cleaned up for tonight.

 We're wearing on our best dance clothes as we were going to the Sun City Elks for their NYE dinner dance. Normally this event would have been sold out, but Don had managed to secure 2 tickets when he called the other day. 

We had to be there at 5 so had to leave by 3:30 in order to make the long drive to Sun City. Boy, this Phoenix valley is HUGE - the cities just go on and on. At least we didn't run into any traffic jams.

This was one place that we hadn't made it to the last time we were in Phoenix, but our friends went and reported that it had a nice dance floor. 

We made it to the Elks with time to spare and paid for our tickets. I was pretty nervous about eating indoors at a table with strangers since no one was wearing any masks. But a glass of wine and my anti-anxiety pills helped calm me down. 

We actually hadn't eaten out for 2 years - not even outside, so this was going to be a stretch for both of us. Talk about ripping the bandaid off the wound!

But we ended up enjoying the evening and visiting with our table mates. The music was good but it was a bit weird dancing between the meal courses. Usually we eat lightly on dance nights. 

This was a full meal, but we were both disappointed with the food served. Some of it I couldn't eat because of the ingredients like the strawberry cheesecake - I'm allergic to strawberries. The menu was surf and turf but my steak was nearly raw. Oh well, I got plenty.

We didn't stay until midnight as we still had to drive over an hour to get back home. Hopefully we can come back later this month when we're back in this area again. 

There was no traffic but lots of rain had fallen so the road was slick. We saw lots of big fireworks going off everywhere as people celebrated.  Are those legal??!! 

It had been a nice evening and a great way to end this crazy year, but we were pooped from the past few days so we didn't bother to stay up until midnight. 

I have a picture of us at the dance, but we have sucky internet here so can't get it to load. So check back later!

All dressed up in our New Year's Eve finery!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0