Dancing by the light of the moon - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

January 20, 2022

Dancing by the light of the moon

Mesa fun day #4

Did you all see the moon last night? It was huge golden globe here as it slowly rose above the horizon.

Boy, sure don't have much to report on for today. Are we really cyclists anymore?! Doesn't seem like it lately which is frustrating. 

We spent most of the day laying around home, reading and napping. Don worked on the computer updating our trip calendar and locating some camping spots as we make our way east to Florida. 

We're going to try staying with some Harvest Hosts which is similar to Warm Showers, but provided to traveling RV'ers. Hosts tend to be places like farms, wineries, breweries, museums etc. and usually you can only stay one night. They provide a place to park your rig with no hookups which typically is just be a parking lot. Unlike Warm Showers they don't provide showers, meals, or laundry. 

We used to stay with lots of Warm Showers when touring and really miss that interaction with hosts which I doubt will ever come back to the way it used to be, thanks to Covid. We've stopped hosting cyclists at home and don't plan to do so again anytime soon. When we start touring again, I doubt we'll stay with any hosts now. 

I do have to report that the Mifi device we purchased works great! Our internet speed is fast again which makes computer usage so much easier. There is less hair pulling now!

This evening we went to Las Palmas Grand ballroom again to attend their weekly dance. There was a big band playing which was fun to dance and listen to but I think we got "Foxtroted out" as that seemed the main type of music they knew! Oh well, it was sure a change from the band at the Elk's lodge.

The golf carts in Las Palmas Grande rock!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Tonight we danced to a big band called the Lonny Lynn Orchestra. Good musicians but you didn't want to be dancing near the stage as the horns were LOUD!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0