Ballroom dancing is a contact sport - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

May 7, 2022

Ballroom dancing is a contact sport

Charleston dance day

I don't have much to report about today's activities. We hung out at home and mostly relaxed. Don's achilles was a bit tender so he wanted to baby it because we wanted to dance tonight. 

The most exciting thing that happened was when a little Carolina Chickadee got into the trailer somehow when we had the door open. The poor thing was battering itself against a window trying to get out and what was most amazing was that Don was able to coax it onto his finger (he kept saying "step up, step up" like it was our parrot!). It stayed there long enough for me to get a picture, then flew off when he set it outside. 

This evening we went back to the Charleston dance studio. Their class tonight was Carolina shag - just basic steps - but we watched carefully and Don videoed it so we can practice later. 

We had fun again and Don's foot felt good enough to dance. Hopefully he didn't overdo it, but when we got home, he did use our massage gun on his calf and leg to help loosen up the tight muscles. 

This was our last dance in Charleston which is sad as we've had a great time here. Tomorrow we start packing so we can leave for our next adventure on Monday.

This fragrant flowering bush/tree can be found everywhere down here - growing wild as well as in people's yards. But I have no idea what it is?
Heart 0 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltInvasive privet.

https://www.invasive.org/browse/subthumb.cfm?sub=3036
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
marilyn swettThanks Bill. It may be invasive but it sue does smell sweet!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
I want my buddies!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Step up, little chickadee, step up.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This is "Split ear" - a particularly bold male squirrel. He's done everything from nearly eating out of Don's hand to attacking our feeders. But our new squirrel-proof tube defeated him. The squirrel's weight causes the cage part to slide down onto the tube, closing the seed ports. Everything is also metal on it so no squirrels can chew up the plastic which they did on our other tubes.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Very prehistoric looking caterpiller at our campsite.
Heart 0 Comment 3
Bill ShaneyfeltWhite marked tussock moth caterpillar.

Cute, but the hairs can make you itch if handled roughly.

https://www.invasive.org/browse/subthumb.cfm?sub=3036
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Bill ShaneyfeltTo Bill ShaneyfeltFumblefinger... Correction for internet info:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orgyia_leucostigma
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
marilyn swettWeird name! Thanks Bill.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
And another one with different colors.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This small magnolia tree near our site finally burst into bloom. The blossoms are so fragrant. I'll miss these beautiful trees when we leave.
Heart 0 Comment 2
Kelly IniguezMy aunt planted a magnolia tree in Utah! She was so loved the scent that she researched the zone the trees were viable, and special ordered one. Some years it froze, and she didn’t get any blossoms. Usually she did.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
marilyn swettI wonder if she lived near St George? That's a warmer part of the state. We saw pomegranate trees with fruit on them in people's yards.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0