All dressed up and no place to go - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

January 2, 2022

All dressed up and no place to go

Apache Junction

Today dawned with clear skies, but it was still in the 30's when we got up. There was also a north breeze which made it feel even colder. 

We piddled around the trailer all morning, then cleaned up for our afternoon's fun. Today we were driving to Scottsdale to a dance studio that advertised free "ballroom after church". 

The drive was shorter than going to Sun City, but it still took 45 minutes to reach our destination. Walking into the studio we found a large wood floor and not too many people. Looked promising to us!

We changed shoes and got ready to dance but were shocked to discover that this was not a social dance but 2 hour long group beginner dance classes. That was NOT what we wanted to do so decided to leave. Very disappointing for sure! 

At least we found out what type of dance floor that was here and picked up a current calendar of what they offered. It looked like the dances we wanted will be on Saturday nights so maybe we'll be back at some point. 

It was another long drive back home but wasn't a total waste of time as Don was able to run the truck through a car wash. When we reached Apache Junction we went to the Goodwill to see what goodies we could find (not much, although Don bought a nice vest). 

From there we drove around the area near our campground and explored some possible bike routes. We're not ideally located here for biking right out of camp but there are some roads that have bike lanes and a few neighborhoods we could ride through. Hopefully it warms up Monday or Tuesday so we can get some short rides in before we leave. 

Pictures later when we have better internet.

A pretty Arizona sunrise
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0