In Cadaqués (a photo gallery) - Three Seasons Around France: Spring - CycleBlaze

March 24, 2022

In Cadaqués (a photo gallery)

Cadaqués brings us that rarest of phenomena, the fabled Three Post Day.  We could cram everything into one long entry, but it seems more coherent to break it into the ride, my alley crawl, and Rachael’s walk along the beach.

Excessive perhaps, but not when you consider that we’ve finally made it here after thinking about it for 25 years.

Cadaqués And some show boats.
Heart 5 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
The Blue House (Casa Blava), built in 1915. This and some of the other fine older buildings in town were built by former residents returning from Cuba. Something like a third of the town’s population is estimated to have emigrated to Cuba around the end of the 19th century.
Heart 3 Comment 0
A detail of the Blue House.
Heart 6 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Fence and wall. Schist walls and reed fences are common throughout the town.
Heart 6 Comment 0
Heart 5 Comment 0
One of the main corridors through town. At the time I took this shot I didn’t know yet that the man on the left was our server at lunch.
Heart 2 Comment 0
The Church of Santa Maria.
Heart 3 Comment 0
So many reds here - sweater, socks, beer, nose.
Heart 4 Comment 2
Rich FrasierThis is the look I aspire to in my retirement.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Rich FrasierNo need to wait!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Heart 6 Comment 0
Very nice. A dish for the cats.
Heart 7 Comment 2
Andrea BrownIs that a Little Free Library on the door?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Andrea BrownThat’s how I interpreted it, though there wasn’t any labeling as such. I should have grabbed their volume of Che Guevera’s biography to test out the theory.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
This would never happen to a Brooks saddle.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
The schist street surface looks like a river.
Heart 4 Comment 4
Rich FrasierYou are so tempting me with the word "schist". It's a good thing it's late in the evening and my punning facilities are not functioning.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Rich FrasierYou can relax. Keith Adams beat you to it so the pressure’s off.

Gruissan in 10 days! We’ll need to start talking details.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Bruce LellmanAny town that uses the existing schist to be a street is a pretty cool place, one that I'd like to visit someday. This town looks really beautiful.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Bruce LellmanYou and Ron should plan an adventure. There’s a coastal trail you could bike over from Roses. The Catalonian Outback, I think it’s called.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Two ladders.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Keith AdamsThose paving stones look like they'd be as slick as schist when wet...
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Keith AdamsHa, ha. Actually they don’t seem too bad though. There’s more texture to the surface than it looks like here.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
A classical guitar instructor lives here.
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
It sprinkled a bit this afternoon.
Heart 3 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 12
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Bruce LellmanYou are using amazingly beautiful photos to draw our attention away from the real subject, those suitcases.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago