A hike in Cadaqués - Three Seasons Around France: Spring - CycleBlaze

March 24, 2022

A hike in Cadaqués

So while I was crawling the back alleys of Cadaqués Rachael went off on a six mile hike along the coast south of town.  Oh, wait - I stand corrected by a voice in the background - it was a six point TWO mile hike.

Whatever.  The map from her phone is included so you can see for yourself and form your own opinion on whether she’s exaggerating.  I wasn’t along, so I can’t add anything other than the photographs, except to not that her feet did fine (hooray!!), and that it was an incredible, beautiful hike.  And, if you’re like me, it will make you nervous watching her video and thinking of her walking along the shore shooting it with her cellphone.  And that listening to her describe it and looking at the photos it made me wish I’d gone along too.  

So there’s some advice for you to take away: if you’re lucky enough to come to Cadaqués yourself some day, you might consider a two night stay.  We might should have done ourselves.

Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 0
Heart 7 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 1
Bruce LellmanWhat a place!!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Heart 6 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 1
Bruce LellmanThat's an unusual and interesting way to make a bridge. I like it.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 4 Comment 4
Bruce LellmanSo, what kind of pine is this? It's bark is so smooth.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Bruce LellmanAleppo?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Bruce LellmanTo Scott AndersonWell, the bark seems way wrong but maybe it has changed due to excessive wind, salt spray, rain and probably lots of hot sun radiating off the rocks. Who knows.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Bruce LellmanI came up with this primarily by context - this is the characteristic pine on this part of the coast, along with stone pines. Who knows though? They’re growing in a pretty stressed environment, like Monterrey cypresses.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 10
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Jacquie GaudetNice photos! I’ll definitely plan at least two nights if I get here.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Suzanne GibsonStunning walks! But all those stairs...
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachael AndersonTo Suzanne GibsonThey were great walks, well worth the stairs! However, I did have to soak in the tub afterwards.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago