Team Anderson meets up with a CycleBlazer or twelve - Three Seasons Around France: Autumn - CycleBlaze

December 6, 2022

Team Anderson meets up with a CycleBlazer or twelve

OK, this is really it!  One last post and we’re finally done!  School’s out!!

We met up with a few CycleBlazers along the way over the last nine months, including two that didn’t even know they were CBers at the time.  Might as well round them all up for one big virtual gathering.  Thanks to all of you for enriching our adventure and our lives this past year!

And thanks again to all of you who followed along with us, encouraging us with your inputs, insights, bad jokes and the like.  Please come back and join us again next time!

April 3rd, Narbonne, sharing lunch with Rich & Robin Frasier. We plan to bike through their home town on our way south this fall but for now they drove down to meet up here for an initial visit.
Heart 5 Comment 0
May 22, Beaune. We meet Susan Carpenter, Suzanne Gibson and Janos Kertesz for dinner, our initial meeting at the start of a joint tour of Burgundy for the next ten days.
Heart 7 Comment 0
May 20th, In Burgundy, on route to Dijon.
Heart 4 Comment 0
May 20, in Burgundy. On route to Dijon we stop in at Keith Klein’s home to have lunch with Keith and Susan (the photographer here).
Heart 6 Comment 0
Suzanne, in Dijon.
Heart 8 Comment 0
Susan, on a day ride from Dijon.
Heart 6 Comment 0
Susan, in Dijon.
Heart 5 Comment 0
Along the Burgundy Canal.
Heart 7 Comment 0
In Semur-en-Auxois.
Heart 6 Comment 0
On a day ride from Semur-en-Auxois.
Heart 7 Comment 0
In Semur-en-Auxois.
Heart 7 Comment 0
On the road to Avallon.
Heart 8 Comment 0
June 1, in the Champs de Mars, Paris. We meet up with Susan again at her home away from home.
Heart 6 Comment 0
June 7, Amiens. Susan again! She’s taken the train up from Paris to hand deliver my Pendleton shirt which I’d left behind in Paris.
Heart 8 Comment 0
October 6, Sarlat. We’re shocked when we go down to the bike room of our hotel and find two other Bike Friday New World Tourists in the room. What are the odds?
Heart 7 Comment 1
Keith AdamsThe odds of anything in particular occurring are 50/50: either it happens, or it doesn't. :)
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Janice and Barry Branham step out the door just as we’re about to wheel off, and confess to being the owners of the other Bike Fridays. Before they continue on to breakfast I quickly recruit them into the CycleBlaze family so we can include them in our tally for the tour.
Heart 7 Comment 0
October 11, Bouziès. On the bridge across the Lot with Susan (again!), and Steve and Ann Meyer-Weary.
Heart 7 Comment 0
Leaving Bouziès.
Heart 7 Comment 0
Again! One last time for this tour we meet up with Susan in Sainte-Enemie.
Heart 7 Comment 0
In Sainte-Enemie.
Heart 7 Comment 0
October 22, in Limoux. Half a year later, we finally meet up with Rich and Robin again and are treated to a home-cooked meal. Butter chicken!
Heart 7 Comment 0
In Limoux.
Heart 6 Comment 0
November 8, Arles. Last but not least, we finally cross paths with Steve and Dotie Miller (the Grampies). We’ve been tracking each other’s progress for the last several weeks hoping our paths would intersect.
Heart 7 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 4
Susan CarpenterThanks for sharing - I loved them all!!! And I will always treasure the time spent in the company of you, Rachael and each of the other CycleBlazers I’ve met over the past 15 months. I’m looking forward to any and all future CB meet-ups.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Janice BranhamScott and Rachael, we're thrilled to be on this roster. Discovering Cycle Blaze has opened up new thinking about cycle touring for us. What a fabulous community. Looking forward to meeting more CBers on future travels. Hope you both enjoy a little break from the daily journal demands.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Suzanne GibsonWhat a wonderful set of pictures! I don't think they all had made it into your journal, of if so and I just forgot them, it was great to see them all again and be reminded of all the fun times we and others had with you two.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Scott AndersonTo Suzanne GibsonThat was my reaction too. It’s great to see the whole gallery here in one place. I suspect this is a page I’ll revisit many times.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago