Off Topic But Funny Cycling-related Video Clip - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Off Topic But Funny Cycling-related Video Clip

John Pescatore

Must be some serious cyclists on the Simpsons show writing staff - very funny short video clip here.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Gregory GarceauTo John Pescatore

Hilarious!  The clip has a lot of great gags, but I almost busted a gut when all the cyclists ran right through the stop sign.  There's a lot of truth in satire. 

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Graham SmithTo John Pescatore

Humour is the best tonic in these difficult times. Thanks John. We are now in full Covid lockdown for at least a few weeks here in much of SE Australia. One of the spin-offs is some excellent grim humour. This meme is one of my favourites.

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Mike AylingTo Graham Smith

Magnificent!

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Andrea BrownTo John Pescatore

Okay, that was purely hilarious. Thank you!

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Bob DistelbergTo John Pescatore

That was hysterically funny. And yes, the people who wrote that obviously understood cycling culture, or at least 'roadie' cycling culture. (No offense intended against roadies, or any other cycling subculture. :-)) 

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Edward HitchcockTo John Pescatore

Well, tastes differ.

I thought it was an angry, anti-(road)- cyclists video.  Suggested to me that the Simpsons wanted to support anti-cyclist sentiment.   

Is it safe to go into a cyclists bar?    Cyclists are aggressive towards people in cars.  Cyclists disregard road rules that everyone else obeys.    Cyclists gang up on innocent car drivers who did nothing to offend them.   It's OK to threaten use of firearms against cyclists.  Cyclists are timid against threats from people in wheelchairs.   When challenged, cowardly cyclists can easily hop into a support vehicle to flee.

Not very funny to me.

Ed

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
John PescatoreTo Gregory Garceau

Another subtle one: there's a  scene in some movie (actually several movies) where a driver knocks over one motorcycle outside bar and it causes a domino effect and dozens of motorcycles come tumbling down.

Here, there are dozens of Wahoo/Garmin bike computer/GPS units lined up recharging at the bar and one gets knocked over causing a domino effect...

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Gregory GarceauTo Edward Hitchcock

Hi Ed,

The Simpsons is famous for using generalization, parody and exaggeration to poke fun at almost everybody and everything.  It's satire.  I don't believe the show's writers support anti-cycling sentiment any more than I believe Mark Twain wanted to kill the guy who invented the celebration of anniversaries . . . or Jonathon Swift wanted to solve Europe's 18th century poverty problem by having poor people eat babies. 

-Greg

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago
Gregory GarceauTo John Pescatore

Oh yeah, I got that one.  Another very funny gag. 

Reply    Link    Flag
2 years ago