Day 26 - Dillon to Twin Bridges: Toe The Line! - Off To See the Wizard - CycleBlaze

June 24, 2014

Day 26 - Dillon to Twin Bridges: Toe The Line!

29 mile rest day.....yes!! We are feeling the last three days of four passes and racing the rain. We decided to ride to Twin Bridges which has a Bicycle Camp in the city park and rest half a day. What a good decision. The first ten miles out of Dillon were at a slight down then it turned into rolling hills for a few miles which were fun! Then it ended with a flat to slight down into Twin Briges. We arrived before noon set up camp, it's supposed to rain, and came to lunch at The Shack. A nice burger, pizza, beer and ice cream spot with WiFi. We have been here about an hour and a half. I better start typing fast!

Leaving Dillon you have a nice wide shoulder for about 10 miles. Then NONE. This was a little dicey as there are large semi trucks and locals flying by at 70+ mph. So...this meant I have to "Toe the Line" big time. No riding outside the lines today!

Tomorrow we are going to take another short day and ride to Alder(22 mi) which is at the base of what we have been told, by those ahead of us, is the steepest climb so far! That means we can hit it first thing in the morning which works best for us old folks...hard to do a steep climb late in the day.

It is only 1:15pm and I'm ready for a nap. Good night as I don't think we have WiFi in the park. It is a great little camp with their own showers and bathroom and even a screened in room for us to sit in! We will make a donation!

Jack hitting the bank!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Leaving Dillon....for Catherine. Love the sign! Friends Drink First!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Fields outside of Dillon.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our View
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beaverhead Rock - A Lewis & Clark Site
Heart 1 Comment 0
Beaverhead Rock Interpretive
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beautiful Reflective Pond Along The Way
Heart 1 Comment 0
Twin Bridges. the first WaterTower Since Oregon.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Twin Bridges Park...home for Today
Heart 0 Comment 0
Looking for the perfect spot! Note the Jail behind.....guess I best be on good behavior!
Heart 1 Comment 0
The Group Space...there is also a kitchen area. Very nice of them to provide this for TransAm Riders.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Thanks Bill!!
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today's ride: 29 miles (47 km)
Total: 985 miles (1,585 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0