Day 19 - Lowell to Powell: Should We Stay or Should We Go?! Raining and cold! - Off To See the Wizard - CycleBlaze

June 16, 2014

Day 19 - Lowell to Powell: Should We Stay or Should We Go?! Raining and cold!

When we woke up it wasn't raining and we thought......nice! not for long. The rain wasn't to bad so we all, we had two other tourers in camp that are doing the Lewis and Clark, decided to pack up and at least head over the highway for breakfast. At breakfast there wear four more cyclists ...didn't get their names but they were all doing the TransAm Race. So we all had a hearty breakfast waited a little then the rain decreased to a drizzle and we all decided to go for it. 

The rain came and went between a heavy drizzle to a full rain until about 2pm. Then we had a little time without rain and then just to make it fun the last hour was a real rain......but we made it the entire 67 miles through the "no services" stretch and pulled into the Lochsa Lodge. We were willing to beg for a room but we were spared that ugly scene because they had rooms available. She may have just wanted to get our dripping selfs out of her lobby. In fact rooms with nice hot showers and gas heaters.....which we cranked up to about 75...warm at last. We were asked "plumbing or no plumbing". Plumbing PLEASE.

The entire 67 miles we were ridding along the Lochsa River. It is running really fast and with lots of tricky rapids. This is the season to 'ride the rapids' and there are many folks here doing so.

The ride today was a steady/gradual incline but it was over 67 miles...which made it a very nice ride. We did have a total gain of about 2477ft so......there was no coasting all day. All in all a very nice ride.

We are here at the Lochsa Lodge and will be until Thursday as it is supposed to snow 3-4 more inches in the next two days. Thursday is supposed to be in the 70's....so we wait. Not bad, as I am in the bar (where the best WiFi is with a glass of wine). Will try to load photos but again....you know.

Leaving Grangeville
Heart 0 Comment 0
Jack stopped here ...I looked up and sure enough it was photo worthy! He knows what I like to photo now...what a guy!
Heart 1 Comment 0
This was Kooskia ...looked like an Alaskan village
Heart 0 Comment 0
This is how you get home! On the Lochsa River.
Heart 0 Comment 0
River Tour Bus at Three Rivers in Lowell...magical mystery tour?!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Flower of the week ! Mostly Pine Trees Here
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rafting on the Lochsa
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 67 miles (108 km)
Total: 725 miles (1,167 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 3
Comment on this entry Comment 0