Day 96 - Fostoria, OH - Two Far 2020 - NTF (Not Two Far) - CycleBlaze

September 3, 2020

Day 96 - Fostoria, OH

We had a great day today.  After a very lazy morning, we went out to visit a museum and go back to the Iron Triangle.

Our first stop was the Glass Heritage Gallery in downtown Fostoria.  The famous Fostoria Glass company started here in 1887 and retained it's name when it was moved to Moundsville, WV in 1891.  Fostoria was home to 13 different glass makers between 1887-1920.  One of the best known products made in Fostoria was glass lamps.  According to the gallery, it is claimed that at one time 60% of the lamps in the US were made in Fostoria.

Tom showed us around an answered our questions about the exhibits.
Heart 2 Comment 0
An array of colorful glass items
Heart 2 Comment 0
Early Fostoria Glass made in Fostoria between 1887-1891
Heart 1 Comment 0
Other glass made in Fostoria
Heart 1 Comment 0
Kerosene lamps
Heart 2 Comment 0
It would not be hard to find one to match your decor.
Heart 1 Comment 0

We left the gallery and had some pizza for lunch, then went back over the the Iron Triangle park.  There was only one family there today.  Greg, Elliott and Beth were there celebrating Elliott's 22nd birthday.

Heart 2 Comment 0

They were a real pleasure to meet and we spent over an hour hanging out and talking with them.

Folks come here and make a day of it.
Heart 2 Comment 0

After watching trains pass on all three tracks, we decided it was about time to go.  Before we left, Kerry invited Beth to take a ride on the tandem.  Her answer was an enthusiastic yes.

Beth is ready to ride and Greg will follow on his skateboard. (When we first saw the skateboard, we both assumed it was Elliott's, but soon discovered that Greg was an avid skateboarder and is a member of a men's over-50 skateboard group.)
Heart 3 Comment 0

It was a perfect day out - people to talk to, things to see and do, and good food to enjoy.

Today's ride: 5 miles (8 km)
Total: 3,148 miles (5,066 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 0