Journal Comments - Two Far 2020 - NTF (Not Two Far) - CycleBlaze

From Two Far 2020 - NTF (Not Two Far) by Jeanna & Kerry Smith & John Paskalides

Ken Gass commented on Day 37 - New Ulm, MN to Redwood Falls, MN

Nice going guys! It's been great following your progress, with no major mishaps. You are about 60 miles from my father's small farming hometown of Lake wilson. Will check on your local Cycleblaze buddies. Hope you get up to my mother's home area of Duluth, although she was born by the Canadian border in Baudette while they were homesteading.

4 hours ago
John Pescatore replied to a comment by Jeanna & Kerry Smith on Day 25 - Moline, IL to Savanna, IL

For many years, any mechanical problem and the 1 bike accident I had (foolishly passing a stopped trash truck on a downhill stretch without yelling out and having the trash guy slide the can across the street and knock me off the bike...) all happened roughly mid-ride. I've gotten better about preventive maintenance (and trash truck passing), so lowered the probability a bit.

Un-predicted rain still seems to wait for mid-ride. Last year on a 61 mile group ride (with no rain predicted and no green blobs on the radar nearby at start) it started to rain 20 miles in. A check of the radar on my phone showed a small green blob that appeared to just be crossing my route, so I started up again. Apparently, the blob decided to follow the same route, so I was in a deluge for the next 30 miles. I kept thinking it would stop any minute now - for two hours I thought that.
The rest of the group was spread out ahead of me and behind me - turns out they were smarter and switched to the 40 mile route and escaped much of the rain and were back 90 minutes ahead of me sitting at outdoor tables in the sunshine at the brewery where we started...

23 hours ago
Alain Abbate replied to a comment by Jeanna & Kerry Smith on a photo in Day 35 - Owatonna, MN to Le Center, MN

I thought it looked familiar :)

1 day ago
Jeanna & Kerry Smith replied to a comment by DAVID FAULKNER on Day 34 - Rochester, MN to Owatonna, MN

Thanks, Dave. We're trying to be safe in every way. We're sad that it doesn't look as if we'll be able to visit Canada this year.

1 day ago
Jeanna & Kerry Smith replied to a comment by Michael Ruddock on Day 30 - Fayette, IA to Calmar, IA

You made me go to the map for that one - I was surprised!

1 day ago
Jeanna & Kerry Smith replied to a comment by Mike Obermeyer on a photo in Day 30 - Fayette, IA to Calmar, IA

Our room was downstairs. We didn't go up to check it out.

1 day ago
Jeanna & Kerry Smith replied to a comment by Keith A. Spangler on a photo in Day 35 - Owatonna, MN to Le Center, MN

It was certainly convenient - no worries about how to get the bike in!

1 day ago
Jeanna & Kerry Smith replied to a comment by Alain Abbate on a photo in Day 35 - Owatonna, MN to Le Center, MN

It's the same as a the place we stayed in Willmar two years ago - the Guardian Inn. Kerry didn't wash the bike at this one.

1 day ago
Alain Abbate commented on a photo in Day 35 - Owatonna, MN to Le Center, MN

Love the garage.

1 day ago
Lou Harmin commented on Day 35 - Owatonna, MN to Le Center, MN

Sunday morning and I love reading your comments on the ride. I know that I can not do what you do but I love reading about it. I am jealous Lou.

1 day ago
Keith A. Spangler commented on a photo in Day 35 - Owatonna, MN to Le Center, MN

Now that is style!

1 day ago

Did you take a dip!

1 day ago

Beautiful.

1 day ago
DAVID FAULKNER commented on Day 34 - Rochester, MN to Owatonna, MN

Enjoyed your pics and comments
Stay safe you two

Lou Harmin commented on Day 34 - Rochester, MN to Owatonna, MN

Very interesting comments on this ride with great pictures. Keep it up.