Day 110 St. Marys, OH to Sidney, OH - Two Far 2020 - NTF (Not Two Far) - CycleBlaze

September 17, 2020

Day 110 St. Marys, OH to Sidney, OH

Bicycle to automobile

Heart 1 Comment 0

We rode the last short leg today to the rental car place in Sidney.  After some disassembly, the bike was in the car and we were ready to make the long drive home.  

Heart 2 Comment 1
Keith A. SpanglerGreat riding along with my friends! You guys are so cool. Safe travels my friends!!!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago

Just a few notes and pictures about the last ride - we stopped in New Knoxville again and Kerry had me take a picture of the back on the historical marker.  I didn't notice yesterday that it said "continued on the other side".

Heart 1 Comment 0

This truck we saw in New Knoxville is for our friend Jerry and the rest of you who are car guys.

Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0

The real reason we routed back through New Knoxville was to go back the Village Market so Kerry could invite Jane to take a ride on the tandem.  She responded with a very enthusiastic yes when he asked her.  

All smiles - Jane loved her ride!
Heart 2 Comment 0

This is how we spent the rest of Thursday and all day Friday.  900 miles on I-75 was a good way to make us truly appreciate the beauty and serenity of bike touring.  We're home safe and sound now and ready to start planning Two Far 2021.

Heart 2 Comment 1
Mike ObermeyerGood news, great to have you both back.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago

Today's ride: 33 miles (53 km)
Total: 3,673 miles (5,911 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 8
Comment on this entry Comment 9
Mike ObermeyerHave a safe trip home, be careful and may God bless you both. Thanks for all the pictures and info.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Mike ObermeyerThank you, Mike, for all your comments and for staying with us all summer. It was so nice to hear from you almost daily.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Kathleen JonesThanks for a great tour, and for giving us a break from the usual these days.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Kathleen JonesYou're welcome. It was not the same as a non-COVID tour, but I think we were as safe as we would have been at home. It is just so much more relaxing to be on the road and away from all your other responsibilities, not that we have many at all, but no house or yard work is a treat!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Michael and Diane RuddockDiane and I enjoyed reading your journal so very much, and it's good to see that you are now safely home.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Alain AbbateI enjoyed vicariously following your summer travels. It's the next best thing to doing it in person (and without the need to deal with headwinds or the chance of rain). Both the photos and commentary were outstanding.
I was especially impressed at what a good job you did finding interesting routes on the fly and working out logistics as you traveled.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Alain AbbateThank you for the nice words. I'm glad that you enjoyed the journal. The "on the fly" planning worked out OK, but it takes too much time away from just enjoying the journey.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Scott AndersonYou’re going home? So soon? Thanks for taking us along, and safe travels. We’ll look forward to next spring.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithTo Scott AndersonThanks for reading our journal and giving us thoughts along the way. We hope to do the whole journey to Seattle in 2021.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago