Planes, Buses and no Luggage!!!! - Scaling the Alps to the Italian Lakes - Tally Gals - CycleBlaze

August 21, 2023

Planes, Buses and no Luggage!!!!

Argh!

Today started in the sky over the Atlantic Ocean. One of us made it to Geneva right on schedule. The rest of us had more of an adventurous day!

Missed flights, rescheduling, winding maze filled corridors, and lost luggage was all part of the adventure. Travel light or the airline will help you travel light.

Eventually, we all got to Geneva in one piece if a little lighter found the cross town bus number 10 that took us to the old part of the city and walked to our hotel. After relaxing awhile we headed out to explore Geneva a find some dinner. We combined scenery and eating at a cafe by the lake enjoying the ambiance and wandered the streets downtown drooling in the windows of the chocolate shops.

Wandering the streets
Heart 2 Comment 1
Kathryn ZiewitzThat's too bad about the luggage, missed flights, and mazes to navigate. I hope anything missing will be regained soon. From the photo, it looks like it's still hot there. Have fun in Geneva!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Entering the park by the lake
Heart 0 Comment 1
Lynn WalkerNeat ferris wheel!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
A working clock garden
Heart 3 Comment 0
Along the shore of lake geneva
Heart 2 Comment 0
Lake Geneva
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our cafe for the evening
Heart 2 Comment 0
The weary travelers waiting for sustenance
Heart 4 Comment 1
Lynn WalkerI imagine after a good night’s sleep, everyone will feel better. The plus will be luggage arriving! Fingers crossed!
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Heart 0 Comment 0
The sun shining on the geyser made a beautiful rainbow
Heart 2 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 1
Lynn WalkerBeautiful statute and water fountain that my favorite people are posing by.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Heart 1 Comment 1
Lynn WalkerPretty architecture, what is this? Looks like a church.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Heart 0 Comment 0

We are crossing our fingers and toes hoping that the missing luggage will arrive tomorrow. Otherwise in the morning we’ll be heading to the store to buy necessities and moving on to Vevey Switzerland.



Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Steve Miller/GrampiesMissing luggage is the worst which is why we have worked out a system where our bikes and much of the gear is put in storage at the end of a tour to await us for the next one. This way we can teavel with carry on only, clothes, electronics and medications, so that as long as we arrive so does everything else.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago
Jane FletcherTo Steve Miller/GrampiesThat sounds like a great plan! Two of us came with everything we really need in our carry on for just that eventuality.
Reply to this comment
8 months ago