Ventnor - The tenth step ... SISA Episode II - CycleBlaze

April 26, 2021

Ventnor

Our destination for today was a farm on the slopes of the Winterberg between Tarkastad and Adelaide where a friend of ours and his partner live.  We were a bit worried about the ride up from Tarkastad but in the end it wasn't as tough as we had feared.  There were great views and the little traffic  so it was quite pleasant. 

We had last seen Larry a number of years ago and it was great to meet up with him again.   His wife had sadly passed away soon after we last stayed with him on his farm closer to Tarkastad and he had since found a new partner in Carol who had lost her husband at a similar time.  They live on Carol's farm which is farmed by her son while Larry's daughter farms at Larry's farm Newstead, which is closer to Tarkastad.  We are spending tomorrow here as well after which we will carry on down to Bedford.

Mary and Martha, two koppies south-east of Tarkastad which have been visible since cresting the first rise out of Hofmeyr.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Scott AndersonMary and Martha look remarkably like Bears Ears in southern Utah: https://www.cycleblaze.com/journals/winterlude2020/natural-bridges/#24734_s7ujh1bnfeyqxceauopl39y2k91.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0
Approaching the farm with the Winterberg in the background.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 50 km (31 miles)
Total: 1,909 km (1,185 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0