Tarkastad - The tenth step ... SISA Episode II - CycleBlaze

April 25, 2021

Tarkastad

The hotel was almost full last night but there was only one family in the dining room with us at breakfast.  Earlier some other guests had already eaten and left to ride the third and last day of the Trek 2 Teebus mountain bike race.  It was already warm when we left at nine o'clock but we had a gentle tailwind to help us along.  We have mostly been very lucky with the wind so far.  What made today's ride one to remember was the lovely road for the first forty five kilometers.  The first twenty six kilometers was smooth packed earth before it became tar for the last nineteen kays of this section and with only one little bump at about eighteen kilometers it was a relaxed and easy ride in wonderful surroundings.  We encountered only ten other road users during the entire section to the junction with with Cradock-Tarkastad main road.  Here there were some roadworks for the last fifteen kilometers into Tarkastad but mostly this section was also stress free.  All in all, a day that was good for the soul.

The bells were chiming from the pink steeple as we left Hofmeyr this morning.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Packed earth. My favourite surface.
Heart 1 Comment 0
We were surrounded by mountains all through today's ride.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Our last day of Karoo skies before we head into the mountains tomorrow.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 62 km (39 miles)
Total: 1,859 km (1,154 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 2
Comment on this entry Comment 0