The world would be a nicer place if everyone took a chill pill. - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

April 18, 2022

The world would be a nicer place if everyone took a chill pill.

Georgia rest day

There were a few lingering sprinkles this morning, then the rain moved on leaving cloudy skies for most of the day. It was cooler out and there was a light breeze so I was glad that I'd done my ride yesterday.

For the most part we just chilled. Although later we went over to the campground's community building to try a little dancing. We've got some new tango moves that we're working on. 

Don's achilles is a lot better but he could only dance for a short time before it got tweaked when he tried to point his foot during one routine. We stopped immediately and headed back home after picking up another Amazon package at the office. At least he's talking about biking later this week on some flat trail - maybe the Silver Comet. 

Not much happened the rest of the day. I did a load of laundry and just read my book while watching the critters. The squirrels have managed to climb the feeder pole despite the slinky so Don tried raising it up higher to see if that would deter them. Persistent and ornery! But we have been seeing a few different birds which is fun as I now have a decent Eastern US bird book with lots of pictures to ID them. 

A Blue Jay joined us today!
Heart 0 Comment 0
It was hard to capture this White Breasted Nuthatch as it would swoop into the pan, grab a bite and leave.
Heart 1 Comment 0
This pretty Red Headed Woodpecker was another new one at the feeder.
Heart 1 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltMaybe a male brown headed cowbird.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown-headed_cowbird
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
marilyn swettThat's what I thought. We ordered a new Eastern bird book from Amazon that has really helped me ID them.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
This squirrel made it part way up the slinky before giving up. They don't like the bouncing.
Heart 1 Comment 1
Scott AndersonHey, you got one!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
It's a Flying Wallenda!!!! Don moved the pan and slinky after this acrobatic squirrel made it up to the top.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I think these are Carolina Wrens, although their beaks aren't as curved downward as pictured in my book.
Heart 0 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltAgreed Carolina wren.

https://www.allaboutbirds.org/guide/Carolina_Wren/id
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
marilyn swettThanks, Bill!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
One of the wines we purchased at the Paulk Vinyards was this Scuppernone muscatine wine. Very yummy if you like sweet wines!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0