The last thing that blew my mind was the wind - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

April 9, 2022

The last thing that blew my mind was the wind

Starke dance day

While today was sunny and in the 60's, we weren't biking since we had planned to go to one last dance in Gainesville. But we wouldn't have been able to bike anyway since the wind was horrible with gusts from 30-40mph. The news reported one gust at 53mph in Gainesville! 

There wasn't much we could do except hang out in the trailer since it wasn't nice enough to even sit outside. So, a little reading and computer stuff. Nothing too exciting.

We did try grilling mahi mahi tonight for dinner, but Don said it was too fishy tasting for him. I thought it was ok, but not exceptional. I think we're done trying to cook our own seafood at home. Nothing has turned out as well as what we've had at restaurants, so if we get an urge for fish, we'll just eat out.

Tonight we returned to Rena's Ballroom in Gainesville. It was a nice dance and we enjoyed ourselves (maybe the free chocolate wine helped!). As with all of the dances we've been to in Florida, there is a lot of partner sharing and we both got asked to dance by other people. But despite being vaxed and boosted, we're not quite ready to dance with any other partners. 

By 9:30 we were headed back to Starke. It was hard to believe that we won't be doing any other dancing this year in Florida as we're moving on to Georgia on Monday. 

The Easter Bunny came to Rena's Ballroom tonight!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0