South to Tucson - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

January 5, 2022

South to Tucson

Apache Junction to Tucson, AZ

Today we moved the short distance to Catalina State Park in Tucson. The drive was uneventful and we made only one stop along the way - at the semi-truck wash place to get the trailer and truck washed. Both were filthy from the drive down to Arizona.

It was a busy place so we had to wait for about an hour for our turn. From there we continued south on the interstate until we reached our turn-off to the state park. 

It was about 2 pm when we got to the park and found our site. It's a big pull-thru spot with plenty of room between us and our neighbors. 

The rest of the afternoon was spent setting up things. We'll be here for 2 weeks, and looking forward to biking and dancing.

There's a lot of snow on the Catalina Mountains! I think this is Mt. Lemmon.
Heart 1 Comment 3
Scott AndersonYou’re right, there is a fair amount of snow up there still. I’m not sure that’s Lemmon though, if this photo was taken from the state park. Which direction are you facing? I think this might be Mount Kimball (elevation 7,424’).
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
marilyn swettTo Scott AndersonI wasn't sure on that. This picture was actually taken when I was on the La Canada trail and further south of the park.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Scott AndersonTo marilyn swettI think you were right about this being Lemmon, now that I see what Kimball actually looks like. I was just focused on what seems like it would be visible from the state park.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0