Pluviophile, "a lover of rain" - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

July 5, 2022

Pluviophile, "a lover of rain"

Ohio chore day

While we lucked out yesterday when we arrived at our new campsite under dry skies, the rain returned during the night. At around 2 am, I was woken up by wind and thunder. 

The rain had stopped by the time I got up but left gloomy gray skies that threatened to cut loose at any time. It didn't look like a promising day to do a bike ride (even though we would have just ridden anyway if we were on a tour), so we chose to go to Walmart and get gas. 

The rest of the day was spent inside reading and looking up stuff on the computer. Not an exciting day for sure. Don cooked up an instant pot dinner using some of the chicken/feta cheese sausage we had purchased in the Lancaster, PA area. It was very tasty!

Ultimately, the rain never did return so maybe we can do a ride tomorrow. 

Sunrise at the Sauder Village Campground. Sauder Village is a recreated pioneer town. It's quite a tourist attraction in this area.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Michael GrimesWe lived in Defiance, Ohio in the late 90's. We visited Sauder Village several times and also ate there at the Barn Restaurant. I would recommend both highly. We did a lot of biking in the area. County roads were very well maintained and very flat. Enjoy.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
marilyn swettThanks for the tips Mike! The campground is run by Sauder Village. We did a nice FLAT ride yesterday out in the country which was very pleasant.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago