Movin' on down the road - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

July 5, 2022

Movin' on down the road

Medina, Ohio to Archbold, Ohio

Today was a moving day but we had to wait for a couple of hours before loading the bikes as it was raining. At least it finally stopped, and we had a dry window for finishing up the last minute unhooking our lines and bringing the bikes into the trailer. 

By 10 we were on the road as we continued west through Ohio. This time it was about a 5 hour drive that would take us to a small town west of Toledo. 

By the time we had arrived at our campground, the sun was out and there were blue skies. But stepping out of the truck was like getting into a sauna! 

It was in the 90's with such high humidity that the heat index was over 100 degrees. That made for some unpleasant unpacking! At least I had air conditioning inside the trailer but poor Don was dripping wet after his work outside!

We're staying in the Sauder Village campground for the rest of this week, mainly to attend another Airstream rally. We also have a friend that lives nearby and since this area of Ohio is flat as a pancake, maybe we can get in some biking. There is more rain predicted on and off for the next few days so that will make biking challenging. 

Now when was the last time you saw a phone booth complete with a phone??! It was near the office of our Medina campground. We didn't check to see if you could actually make a call.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Quite an ornate and unique clock tower on this courthouse. It was in one little town we drove through today.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Kelly IniguezHow long does it take to break camp, if weather isn't an issue, and you are starting from scratch? Are you getting more efficient? I'm sure by now you have a finely tuned system!

It is supposed to be 100 degrees in Moab tomorrow - the temperatures have been around 70 for most of the time we've been gone. There isn't going to be any acclimating!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
marilyn swettGenerally it takes about 2 hours. If we can, we usually prepack a few things into the truck like our grill but the rest we'll leave for the travel day. It involves folding up our campchairs which go into the trailer, unhooking and storing our electric, water and sewer lines, stowing our water filter (a large, heavy 3 stage filter), folding up our outside mat, putting away the bird feeder and any windsocks or flags we've set out. Inside I work to stow anything that was stored on top of the counters in the kitchen or bathroom - coffee pot, fruit, etc. We take the table down, including removing the legs, put down rugs and then bring in the bikes which are padded and covered with blankets. They are bungeeded to a spot near the back hatch to keep them from shifting. Anything loose is put into cloth grocery bags and stored on the floor of the bedroom so they don't move around. When we arrive at the new spot, this is all reversed except I add in vacuuming and wet mopping the floor as it gets dirty while we load the bikes (especially if it's been raining). So a lot of work, but we do have a routine and it's pretty rote by now.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago