I wanna dance with somebody - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

March 10, 2022

I wanna dance with somebody

Winter Garden dance day #1

As you can probably tell from the title of this page that we didn't bike today. It wouldn't have been a good day to ride anyway as heavy rain moved in at 8 am which lasted for a couple of hours. 

 After the rain cleared, we killed the rest of the morning going to a few thrift stores which were pretty lacking in nice stuff compared to those in Naples. Don worked on cleaning the outside of the trailer, and then we spent some time thinking and making tentative plans for our trip. 

We still want to do something along the east coast but don't have any reservations after Charleston. Our goals are to see different areas and hopefully do dancing and biking. Oh, and add in available camping. That makes it a challenge! 

This evening we drove over to the Orlando Elks to check out their dance floors and do a little dancing in the pub. There was karaoke going on today and we've danced to that before. Music is music!

The bar floor was ok - not too small and much of the time we were the only ones dancing. All of the folks there were quite friendly and the leader of the lodge welcomed us at the front door. She even gave Don a lodge pin and bought us a couple of drinks! 

One of the guys there complimented us on our dancing and told us his wife used to be a dance instructor (she had passed away recently). He sang several songs that were foxtrots and waltzes, but they were tough to dance to as we didn't have quite enough room to do our routines. It was a nice thought, though.

We also took a look at the ballroom floor which was quite large - newly varnished parquet wood tile. It should be fine. We'll be there tomorrow night for their St. Patrick's Day dinner/dance and then another dance on Saturday. More fun in Winter Garden!

This part of Central Florida has a lot of rolling hills, some of them quite high. There are also lots of lakes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Loved this ornate gold dragon!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0