Gettin' our green on - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

March 11, 2022

Gettin' our green on

Winter Garden dance day #2

Boy, we sure had a boring day around here, or at least I did! Don wasn't motivated to get out and what with the price of gas, it's hard to justify driving around to see stuff. 

It was a fairly decent day with no rain, so I could have done a ride by myself over on the West Orange Trail, but since we're going to a dance tonight, I didn't want to stress my legs/feet.  So we just hung around home and worked on our plans moving north from here. We've got some fun/different things organized for the next few months so keep a watch for those! 

Tonight we went back to the Elk's for their St. Patrick's Day dinner/dance. It was lightly attended so we had lots of space on their large ballroom floor. This lodge doesn't seem to have too many dancers and much of the time we were the only ones out there strutting our stuff. Good thing we're no longer self-conscious about our abilities!

We had the standard corned beef and cabbage which was really tasty! I'm not a fan of either item, but the cook they have here really knows her stuff. But the amount they served each of us was way too much and we took quite a bit home. 

The 3-piece live band was also very good and we enjoyed the mix of music. From a foxtrot to a waltz to a country 2-step, we danced a variety of dances. Not tango, but we didn't expect that. 

It was an enjoyable evening and we'll be coming back here again tomorrow night for one more dance. 

This couple was dressed Irish to the hilt!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Great band and fun table decor.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0