Home of the free because of the brave - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

May 30, 2022

Home of the free because of the brave

Washington DC dance day

Happy Memorial Day to everyone out there, and especially to all of the veterans and servicemen and women.

We had several options today - bike, dance or do nothing. The dancing was most appealing as it was another mid-day tea dance so we'd still have most of the afternoon and evening to relax.

It was a little busier than last night's dance and there were plenty of red, white and blue outfits in honor of today's holiday. They had another DJ - a woman this time, who played an odd mix of music but we still managed to make it work. We've been there enough times that people are starting to recognize us as several of them came up to say hello and welcome us back! 

We didn't stick around too long and gave it up before our feet did. But as we walked outside to get into the truck, the hot, humid weather was a slap in the face! They said 90's today and it must have been all of that. Whew! Time for a cold drink.

The rest of the day wasn't too exciting as we watched the mass exodus at the campground. A lot of people must have just come for the weekend and were going back to work. Maybe things will be a lot quieter in the park for the remainder of our stay here in DC.

You lookin' at me?
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0