Dance 'til your heels break - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

May 29, 2022

Dance 'til your heels break

Washington DC dance day

It was another warm day here in DC but our plans were to skip a bike ride and go to another dance tonight. So we just hung out in the shade of our awning and read, watching the comings and goings of our neighbors. I'm glad that our site isn't over by the pools and playground as there were tons of kids running around everywhere in the streets. Maybe they'll all go home after this weekend.

We did get out and go to a grocery store that was nearby. It was called Shoppers but we weren't impressed with their high prices. Looks like we'll be making the trek back to Walmart at some point. 

Don also stopped in the Home Depot and bought another squirrel-proof bird feeder. I think it's a lost cause and I'm frankly a bit bored with the birds here as there don't seem to be any interesting ones. They're fun to watch but I miss the variety that we saw near Charleston. The campground has a couple of small lakes but I haven't even seen any water birds on them. 

After dinner we drove back to the Hollywood Ballroom to check out their Sunday evening dance. More people were in attendance - maybe 50 or so, which still wasn't bad considering how large the floor is. Plus the vast majority were better dancers.

We enjoyed the dancing and the owner of the ballroom even came over to welcome us to his facility. That was unexpected but nice! Hopefully we'll be back again. 

On a Covid note, we've seen a lot more mask wearing in stores in this state and at the dances. Mostly it's been voluntary and not mandatory which is good as it's difficult to dance while wearing a mask! I even noticed quite a few people wearing masks on the trail while on our bike ride. 

I only did that way back in 2020 when they kept talking about "droplet spread" while running, walking or biking. The masks did help with pollen and wildfire smoke which was pretty bad in Denver that summer. We don't have smoke here but the pollen count is quite high and we're both suffering. 

Our campground actually has a ballroom but since Covid, it has sadly closed to dances. It's only rented out for weddings etc.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0