Happy Fat Tuesday! - Garfield and Tango Travel the Long and Winding Road - CycleBlaze

March 1, 2022

Happy Fat Tuesday!

Naples fun day

Today is a travel day (sort of) as we have to move from this campground to the KOA which is literally just down the street. So more of a shift day. 

We decided to do the move in 2 stages. The first will be with the trailer and then we'll come back for the bikes. That made our packing up, unhooking process much easier and by 10 we were all done, computers stowed, loose stuff on the counters put away etc. 

Now what do we do? We didn't have to leave here until 11 am when we could also check into the KOA. So we drove over to a small thrift store that was next door to check them out. 

What a nice store! I came away with a cute black top to wear with my skirts that was only  $1.00, a sparkly black vintage sweater that was half price and several starfish earrings. Don bought some movies and a green suit coat (for $1.00!!) that will be perfect for two upcoming shamrock dances. 

Back at the park, it was time to leave for the KOA where we were able to check in early. The last KOA in Moore Haven where we tried to do that, they charged us an extra $20.  Sure glad this one didn't insist on that rule since check-ins are usually done at 3 pm. Where would we have gone with a big trailer for 4 hours?

Once we got Tango all situated on her new home, we emptied out the bed of the truck. Then we drove back to the other park and Don put the tandem in the back of the truck while I rode my bike to the KOA. I figured I might as while claim those 2 miles of riding:) 

After lunch, we spent the rest of the day organizing our site, putting out all of our RV decor, doing laundry and getting settled in since we'll be here for the next 6 days. All that work wore us both out and we both crashed early. We've got lots planned for the rest of our time in Naples so we need our rest!

I thought I would include more pictures of our ride to Marco Island.

These signs were posted all along the sidewalk we had to ride along the busy road on Marco Island. It was a joke that they considered this narrow pathway a "shared use trail"!
Heart 0 Comment 0
On our way off the island, we went by this sign.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And not more than a few feet later, we spotted one!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Bobcats too???!!! Now we've seen everything!
Heart 0 Comment 0
Many of the homes had nice nautical themed mailboxes.
Heart 0 Comment 0
I liked this one.
Heart 0 Comment 0
And here's another one.
Heart 0 Comment 0
This was a fun one.
Heart 0 Comment 0
What a palatial home! I imagine it cost a pretty penny.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Just before our road went over the bridge to leave the island, we passed this water tank decorated with this nice mural near the community of Goodland. This might be the only spoonbills we'll see down here, but I keep hoping as I've found a wildlife preserve on Sanibel Island that I want to explore. Their website states they have spoonbills that live there year round.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Today's ride: 2 miles (3 km)
Total: 1,168 miles (1,880 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 0
Comment on this entry Comment 0