Our bags are packed, we are ready to go....we are leaving in a rental car - Racpat Northern Tier 2021 - CycleBlaze

May 31, 2021

Our bags are packed, we are ready to go....we are leaving in a rental car

The tour begins from Boise to Everett WA via car

"Is it on the list?" Patrick says referring to the 2021 Paklist, "when it goes in the box, mark it off the list." We've been gathering the gear over the past two months.

The List
Heart 1 Comment 0
When we return the first of November, the garden will be much different and just in time for the fall cleanup.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Ocho, Yedi, and Tashi
Heart 0 Comment 0
Ocho
Heart 0 Comment 2
Bill ShaneyfeltMore water in it than I remember... :-)
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensBill! We are so happy you are following us again.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Yedi
Heart 0 Comment 0
and...Tashi
Heart 3 Comment 0
Tashi not being mischievous
Heart 0 Comment 0

We picked up the rental car last night so we could load our gear and be ready to set off early this morning. 

Jeff, our house sitter and cat wrangler, is settled in with instruction of how to keep the garden alive with the flood irrigation and the particular idiosyncrasies of our 3 cats: Tashi, Yedi and Ocho.

We've double checked the list,  say goodbye to the kitties, and start driving to Everett WA. We made good time until we stopped at a rest stop and emailed tonight's Warmshowers hosts that "we were  making good time." Thirty miles from Snoqualmie Pass, immediately leaving the rest stop there were "two lanes of traffic, both moving slow", and took over an hour, we still managed to arrive at 3pm. After visiting awhile and unloading our gear, Tom helped us drop off the rental car by 5pm. This was so nice not to have to cycle the busy road from the rental place.

Jeanne fixed a fantastic meal and a friend who had lived in Boise also joined in for a nice evening of sharing stories of past travels. A very nice beginning to the tour.

Tomorrow, we'll cycle to the Mukilteo ferry to Whidbey Island and stay with another Warmshowers host in Oak Harbor.

Arrived at our WS Hosts Tom and Jeanne Crisp. Tom had offered when we contacted him for us to drop off our gear and he would help take the rental car back.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Jeanne and Tom with Idaho Potato Chocolate bar we brought to give to them. Tom actually had tried the bar before.
Heart 2 Comment 2
Andrea BrownOMG do they still make those?? A taste from my childhood!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Andrea BrownAnd Tom said he'd tried them before and liked them!
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
View from their deck
Heart 2 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 1
Amanda PrentySo glad to hear you made it. Thanks for fitting us in before you left. Amanda & Andrew
Reply to this comment
2 years ago