NT Part 1: Anacortes WA to Bemidji MN - Racpat Northern Tier 2021 - CycleBlaze

NT Part 1: Anacortes WA to Bemidji MN

ACA Northern Tier Route With A Variation

Heart 0 Comment 3
Ron SuchanekWill you ride the North Cascades Highway or the Cascade Trail between Sedro Woodley and Concrete?
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Ron SuchanekHi Ron,
The Cascade Trail, I see that didn't show up on this map....Thanks! I see another adjustment from this map I need to do, the start point...as we are now staying at a WS host near the Ferry Terminal and first day will ride up Whidbey Island to Anacortes then turn East.
Rachel
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Ron SuchanekI double checked our individual maps and did have the Tommy Thompson Trail to Padilla Bay Trail to Burlington and Sedro Wooley to Concrete on the Cascade Trail.
Thanks for the heads up in case we'd missed it...Keep suggestions coming.
Racpat
Reply to this comment
2 years ago



Rate this entry's writing Heart 4
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Andrea BrownIf I may suggest a slight change in the Sandpoint, ID to Libby, MT routing, you might want to skip Bonners Ferry and go east from Sandpoint along Lake Pend Oreille to Clark Fork, cross into Montana, and take Highway 56 to rejoin Highway 2. I know you've seen a lot of beautiful scenery in your day but it's far more scenic and way less traffic than going through Bonners. I was just on your route section the other day and it's pretty busy and kind of boring, although Bonners Ferry is a sweet town. I grew up in Libby so know both of those routes well, and would choose the "Bull Lake Road" (Highway 56) in a heartbeat.
Reply to this comment
2 years ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensThanks Andrea, this map is not completely accurate, and we don't have the ACA maps have just gone off their website. We do have plans to do just that as part of the Selkirk Loop we had done northern Idaho. We appreciate the advice though in case we'd missed it. We have another alternate route after Colville going across from Chewelah to Cusick and another from Libby to Happy Inn and again probably off route in North Dakota. Perhaps you know the road from Libby to Rigby to back to US 2 and Happy Inn? We got good news that the Bike Hostel in Colville is again hosting. We are also watching closely the Glacier NP plowing of the Going to the Sun Road. Looks like they are almost to Logan Pass. Keep suggestions coming.
Racpat
Reply to this comment
2 years ago