Teton Triathlon - Powered by the Pedals - CycleBlaze

July 27, 2022

Teton Triathlon

Happy 4th Birthday little Ian
Heart 8 Comment 1
Anil PillaiHe has grown into a smart cute lil guy!!!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
A view of a gap in the Tetons from about a mile before the Jenny Lake visitor center
Heart 5 Comment 0
Another view of the Tetons for our Teton Day Exhibit
Heart 3 Comment 0
A view of the Tetons across Leigh Lake from behind the Jackson Lodge.
Heart 8 Comment 0
Another view of the Tetons on the road to Jenny Lake (the TransAm Teton Spur).
Heart 6 Comment 0
A view of the Tetons from the boat we took across Jenny Lake.
Heart 7 Comment 0
The waterfall we saw on our hike on the far Side of Jenny Lake. (Hidden Falls)
Heart 8 Comment 0
Me who hates heights being bold and standing near the edge 😳 of Inspiration Point.
Heart 8 Comment 0
A view of the Tetons looking up from across Jenny Lake.
Heart 4 Comment 0
This is a view of the lake at Colter Bay. Just look at the impact of the sustained drought.
Heart 1 Comment 0

Today is little Ian’s 4th birthday and I wasn’t able to be there 🙁.  I did get to call him, but that’s not the same. So I am going to take a moment away from the normal blog content to say Happy Birthday Ian!!!  Oshi loves and misses you!

Today was a slight detour from our originally planned route. We rode 42 miles and made absolutely zero forward progress.   But we didn’t just cycle, we did a triathlon. We biked, hiked, and took a boat ride across Jenny Lake. 

Today was all about sightseeing and enjoying The Grand Tetons.  We stopped first thing this morning at Jackson Lodge for breakfast and to see the spectacular views of the entire Teton Range.   To quote Mrs G, “Wow” I couldn’t imagine seeing anything more spectacular. But things just seemed to get better the closer we got to Jenny Lake and then as we boated across the lake. The hike presented more great views and a waterfall. Forgot to mention that we did see a moose today.Of course no barns today and I didn’t get a picture of the sign of the day because for once I was compliant. The sign said “No Stopping Anytime”. So like Forest Gump…we’re just gonna keeping going.

Tomorrow we’re on to Dubois, WY.  after a big climb to 9,658 feet of elevation. I know you Colorado folks are snickering, but it is a solid 2,700 foot climb. And don’t worry, we’ll be climbing in  Colorado soon enough. 

Night All

Ian

Today's ride: 42 miles (68 km)
Total: 3,063 miles (4,929 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 2
Michele GordonSometimes making zero forward progress is exactly what’s needed in one’s journey ❤️
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Ian GordonSpoken like a wise Sage. See you soon!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago