Leaving Denver via Scenic Amtrak Route - Powered by the Pedals - CycleBlaze

June 28, 2022

Leaving Denver via Scenic Amtrak Route

Ian and Dan naively thinking they are ready for this cross country bike ride
Heart 17 Comment 2
Judith BehrenHi Ian, cousin Miles gave me your diary and I’m following along . This is cousin Judy Behren from wellington. I hope you are enjoying your trip. It sounds fascinating! Respond if you care to.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Ian GordonTo Judith BehrenHi Judith. It’s nice to hear from you. Thanks for following our adventure. I hope you find the blog somewhat amusing. This is a life bucket list item for me…crazy as that may seem.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago

We woke up early and enlisted Mrs G to drive us to the train station. Everything went smoothly and by 8:05am we were pulling out of the station. Colorado scenery is amazing and well  worth the train ride. It’s a long haul to Portland (54ish hours) but it’s part of the adventure. 

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 12
Michele GordonOmg ….I still can’t figure out how you guys are gonna carry what’s in those bags ……but I sure know you carefully chose some
Pretty important stuff to carry 😉
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Max GordonSafe travels and cannot wait to see your many adventures as you bike across country!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Marissa MeadowsGood luck and safe travels, Uncle Ian! Can’t wait to read about your journey and see the pictures you post!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Cody GillenwaterWhat an adventure! Those smiles will see a lot of incredible scenery over the following weeks!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Allyson BolickWe hope you have an incredible adventure and a safe journey! May your tires be filled with endless air and the road be kind to you. Love you!!

Go safe, move safe, leave safe, home safe. 💛
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Mason WeemsI cant wait to follow your journey and hopefully meet you for a drink at the end of your trip on the Outer Banks.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Gregory GarceauGood luck dudes! I like reading journals about crossing the USA on a bike. I became extra interested in this one as soon as I saw that "Pea Lime Soup" colored Surly. That's the same model I bought this spring and is prominently featured in my May tour across Wisconsin.
( https://www.cycleblaze.com/journals/cheeseland/i-got-a-groovy-new-bike-and-heres-the-story/ ) Is that bike yours or Dan's? And which is you and which is Dan in that picture at the top of the page?

Nevermind, I'm sure the answer to those questions will be revealed in the pages to come.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Ferris TaylorBest of luck on the trip, Ian and Dan. Are you starting on the Astoria side or the Ilwaco side? Pedal power to both of you!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Julie MeyerCan’t wait to see you for dinner tomorrow night and wave you “off” Saturday on your journey.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Younes GhanianGood luck guys! Hope you have a safe and wonderful trip and can’t wait to hear all the stories!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Betta SwansonSo excited to follow along!!
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Mo SchaeferTo Max GordonGod Speed guys.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago