Off to Melbourne Australia - Triple Trails NZ - CycleBlaze

March 26, 2023

Off to Melbourne Australia

I set off for Melbourne fron Christchurch on the 6:05 flight which meant I had to get up at 3:45 to finish packing and catch a taxi to the airport.  I wondered why such an early flight well the answer is because it is the only one without going back to Auckland.  As a consequence I was a little knackered most of the day and it was an early night.  

Kyle met us the airport but we had too much stuff (3 sets of golf clubs) for us all to fit in his car so John and I took an Uber.  Once at our lovely Air B&B it took a while to actually get into the flat.  I think it would have been easier to break into Fort Knox than this place.  Nonetheless we got in and settled.  Once in we wandered the Botanical Gardens and along the Ybarra River until we stopped for lunch and then attended an AFL game.  There are rules to this sport but is definitely one of a kind.

Sunday we headed out to Ballart, from where Kyle does his work.  We toured the town, stopped for lunch and played golf at the local club.  It was a long but good day.

Melbourne CBD from the other side of the Yarra river.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Our lunch stop for pizza and beer
Heart 0 Comment 0
Beth on the left crossing the foot bridge over the Yarra
Heart 0 Comment 0
John and Kyle in the botanical gardens
Heart 1 Comment 0
The 100,00 person stadium for a game between the local team, the Collingwood Magpies, and the Port Adelaide Power. Collingwood won easily.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonVery odd looking field. Lots of ways to be “out of bounds.”
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Our lunch stop on the lake in Ballarat.
Heart 0 Comment 0
The monastery that has been converted to apartments where Kyle lives.
Heart 0 Comment 1
Gail JohnsonWow, best apartment ever. What a cool place.
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
Specifically Kyle shares the space in here with 2 roommates. He has the loft that the 2 cats like to frequent.
Heart 1 Comment 0
One of many lovely magpies on the course. This one was very vocal when I walk by. Sadly this blog does not allow for videos because I have a good one of his call.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Plovers were also plentiful
Heart 0 Comment 1
Bill ShaneyfeltThis plover is a masked lapwing. Lapwings are grouped with plovers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Masked_lapwing
Reply to this comment
1 year ago
John, Beth and Kyle after the round.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Me, Kyle and John after the round.
Heart 1 Comment 0
Rate this entry's writing Heart 1
Comment on this entry Comment 0