Palomares - The eleventh step ... Los Africanos Perdidos - CycleBlaze

September 30, 2021

Palomares

We had a choice of having a short day to the next town down the R185 or pushing on to the next decent town fifty kilometers further on.  With Leigh still struggling with a dodgy tummy and the heat scaring us off cycling through the afternoon we took the easy option.

This means we have a very basic room for the night in Palomares.  At only M$280 we aren't going to complain about the facilities.

The ride itself was a mixed bag.  A few rolling hills and periods of almost no traffic followed by periods when the road was busy in either one direction or the other.  The reason was that there was quite a bit of work being done to the R185 with a number of stop-go's in operation, hence the traffic usually only being from one direction or the other..  

Despite the road works, the surface was mostly good, though clearly not at this section.
Heart 0 Comment 0
Mostly gently rolling hills with the mountains to the west providing some sense of scale.
Heart 0 Comment 0
About the only thing of interest along the way were these cattle being worked by a few hands.
Heart 0 Comment 0

Tomorrow we head for what we hope will be a nice hotel near Nuevo Morelos.

Today's ride: 37 km (23 miles)
Total: 821 km (510 miles)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 6
Comment on this entry Comment 0