What's your favorite journal? (that you've read) (page 3) - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

What's your favorite journal? (that you've read) (page 3)

Mark BinghamTo Henry Brook

It's interesting that you mention that notebook. Historically, I always just bought a cheap spiral-bound notebook and used that. However, my wife recently bought a couple of the basic Moleskin notebooks (without the calendars, etc) for me to use on my next trip. They look nice. Thanks for sharing!

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Mary ReidTo Mark Bingham

I'm  sure I  won't be the only one to rave about the vlogs and journals of Bike Wanderer otherwise known as Iohan Gueorguiev now sadly deceased 😥 Long may the spirit of adventure that he inspired in his followers around the globe continue RIP Iohan x

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Mark BinghamTo Mary Reid

I just watched a couple of them and was amazed at his adventurous spirit. So full of life. His death was sad, and ironic. I'll continue going through them, and appreciate you sharing such an inspiring story.

Reply    Link    Flag
1 year ago
Marian RosenbergTo Mark Bingham

Anything and everything by Leo Woodland, the first Chris Pountney Journal, and the "me and my 250 pound baby" journal by a Hawaiian golf magazine editor circa 2012

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago
Mark BinghamTo Marian Rosenberg

I've enjoyed all of the journals by Leó I've read so far, and am working my way through Chris' journal. It's massive, but interesting. I wasn't able to find any reference to a bike journal by googling "me and my 250 pound baby" although, as you can imagine, there were some potential rabbit holes that I managed to dodge.

Also, having randomly selected a number of your posts in several different journals, I'd be interested in seeing you comment in my other post:   https://www.cycleblaze.com/forum/346. What I read was interesting, and I'd like to read more.

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago
Jeff LeeTo Mark Bingham

The "me and my 250 pound baby" journal is probably this one. Not my kind of thing, but to each his own.

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago
Marian RosenbergTo Mark Bingham

I don't have a favorite that I've written.

Tetchy Days in Vietnam is the only one I ever wrote where I got all the text and all the pictures online but some bad stuff (that gets mentioned) happened during that Tour and the "hey Marian, I've got an awesome birthday gift for you, what's your mailing address in China" message that—despite his accusing me of both a ddos attack and an attempt to remotely kill him—the webmaster of the other site swears had absolutely nothing to do with him was received during that Tour, so, it wasn't a good Tour.

(This is the message I got, via Signal, that I thought came from my friend Rainer who had recently returned to Germany. Because I got it via Signal, there was no record of the message when the awesome gift arrived in the mail and I got arrested for drug smuggling. Coincidentally, today is the five year anniversary of that day.)

Reply    Link    Flag
11 months ago