Saying Hello to CycleBlaze - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Saying Hello to CycleBlaze

Mike Jamison

Though I registered myself here a couple weeks ago I want to introduce myself, and thank you for allowing me to join this community. I'm Mike Jamison and have been riding since I was in college. I have kept several journals of my bike tours over at (forgive me if this is akin to saying Voldemort's name aloud) Crazy Guy on a Bike. If you have been part of that site in the last handful of years I assume there's no need to describe the "tone shift" there the last few years. For me, I remained quiet and simply posted my tours and enjoyed the feedback I received from other riders. I had heard of CycleBlaze in the last 2-3 years and decided to stick my toe in the water a few weeks ago. I registered an account, have one journal in the queue to be ported over to CB, and have commented in a couple forum threads. Actions have consequences apparently ... Last night I received an email from the Crazy Guy  owner/administrator stating he had seen I had posted on CycleBlaze and that he would be shutting down my Crazy Guy account because of that. 

Well, you folks seem like nice people so I'm happily casting my lot here with you all and not mourning my banishment from the Crazy Guy island. I was allowed to download my journals from Crazy Guy before getting pushed overboard and will ask Jeff to post them on CycleBlaze when he can. In the meantime, I'm looking forward to joining up with you all. Thanks for taking in a castaway : - )

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Mike Jamison

Welcome aboard!  Happily, it’s a huge, inflatable raft with plenty of room. 

Team Anderson 

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Wayne EstesTo Mike Jamison

Welcome Mike Jamison. I was also given ample opportunity to download content from the other site.

6 of my oldest journals are posted here and 24 more are in Mike Ayling's queue. His queue keeps getting bigger...

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Paul MulveyTo Mike Jamison

I, too, feel like I was a casualty of war, and Neil asked to remove my account. To his credit, he did provide warning he was going to remove my account from his site and provided me instructions for downloading my work over on that site. He stated I was unwelcome over there because I was associated with this site and this site is overtly hostile towards him. I don't remember ever saying an overtly hostile thing to anyone on any forum ever. I wish Neil well in his endeavors and have enjoyed my association with that site as well as this site - to me, we're all cycle tourists and in this together but apparently that isn't the case.

I do hope I can post my experience on this site and read your experiences for the foreseeable future on this site.

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Mike AylingTo Mike Jamison

Welcome Mike!

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Karen CookTo Mike Jamison

Hi Mike,

Welcome!  We are happy to have you in the CycleBlaze family.  :-)

Karen

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Fit SteveTo Paul Mulvey

The exact same thing happened to me.  I have a few journals here on CycleBlaze and the last two had been posted concurrently on both websites.  Then I got that email saying I had 'acted against him' by posting here.  I did some digging to find a thread on Crazyguy back in 2018 where the admin went into great detail as to what informed his views about this site. I'm just thankful there was enough time to download my  journals before he turfed the account.  As for whether I'll import them here, probably not, but will keep for my own travel website I plan to do in future that involves a hybrid of bicycle travel and others.  Cycleblaze is perfect for my ongoing series 'Have Vaccine Will Travel' that will probably go for the next several years as we get out of this global pandemic

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Steve Miller/GrampiesTo Fit Steve

We have been following your most recent journal here. Glad you decided to join us on this site. Please reconsider posting your older journals here. There is no reason why  you could not also post on your own site as well, we are a discriminating but not exclusive group and everyone needs more stuff to read while the pandemic rages and many of us remain unvaccinated and stuck at home.  Safe travels.

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Kathleen ClassenTo Mike Jamison

Welcome Mike. Delighted to have you join us. The more the merrier, and the more journals to read, perchance to dream of following in the writer’s pedal strokes. 

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Leo WoodlandTo Mike Jamison

Hi Mike. Welcome. You'll feel happy here!

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago