Saying Hello to CycleBlaze (page 2) - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

Saying Hello to CycleBlaze (page 2)

Fit SteveTo Steve Miller/Grampies

Thanks for the vote of encouragement, I will try to do so.  Does cycleblaze have some sort of import feature or ways to upload journals in batches?

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Fit Steve

Yes, although I understand there’s a pretty long backlog now.  Send a request through the contact form.  Journals are added in an unpublished state, so you can control when to make them visible.

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Scott AndersonTo Fit Steve

Yes, although I understand there’s a pretty long backlog now.  Send a request through the contact form.  Journals are added in an unpublished state, so you can control when to make them visible.

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Rachel and Patrick HugensTo Mike Jamison

Hi Mike,

We also just moved from CGOAB and in the process of setting up our journals

Racpat

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Patty LouiseTo Mike Jamison

Mike, your name was one I immediately recognized as a favorite journal read elsewhere. Then as I browsed CycleBlaze I saw so many familiar names of cyclists whose journeys I have enjoyed. While not a journal poster - I actually write for a living so it's nice to not write while on tour - I was a longtime reader on the other site. I stopped about a year ago while cycling was no longer the priority of the administrator. Stumbled upon this and am delighted. In fact, I will be using the downtime until the next ride to put up some journals. 

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Karen CookTo Patty Louise

Hi Patty,

Welcome!  I am looking forward to reading your journals.

Karen

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Mike JamisonTo Patty Louise

Hi Patty! Thank you for saying hello, and for the kind words about my journals. I write those things and post them mainly as a memento about the trip, but it makes me happy that others enjoy reading them too, so thanks for saying so. Hey, I have a questions for you. Are you in the process of transferring some journals from Crazy Guy to CycleBlaze yourself, "manually?" Or are you putting them in the queue to have Jeff or another administrator transfer them over through their process? Given the recent "purge" of several of us from Crazy Guy, I think Jeff may be swamped with many journal transfer requests. If you are using old CG content to transfer on your own in some fashion (cut and past text and photos?) how difficult is that to do? I'm itching to get my old journals posted here. Anyone else out there with advice on trying to transfer on one's own, or is it just better to wait for admins to have a chance to get that done? Thanks! .... Oh, to be clear, NOT meaning to imply that the admins are dragging their feet or anything like that!! I greatly appreciate that they are willing to offer that journal transfer service to us all. 

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Kathleen JonesTo Patty Louise

Hi Patty, 

Welcome to this site, and I look forward to seeing the journals you post.

Kathleen

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Kathleen JonesTo Mike Jamison

Hi Mike,

I'm late to the welcome party but let me also chime in and say nice to have you here. I was wondering why we had a sudden influx of new journals coming in. Sorry to hear of the things happening on crazyguy. 

Kathleen

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago