I just thought... (page 3) - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

I just thought... (page 3)

Jacquie GaudetTo Graham Smith

Nope. No vaccine production capability in Canada any more.  Apparently a facility is under construction now in Montréal but it won’t be producing anything before September at the earliest. 

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Graham SmithTo Jacquie Gaudet

One positive to come out of these covidly times might be a stimulus to local manufacturing.

I’m not anti-globalisation however I think we need to reassess our ability to produce essential products, like vaccines and high quality touring bicycles/components, in our own regions.

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Victa CalvoTo Graham Smith

Hi Graham,

Sitting here, coffee in hand, gazing out at the Indian Ocean as we write and contemplating another long ride, but this time here OZ. Might start in Tasmania, so I can pretend I'm overseas...

But I'm fairly certain I won't be encountering any lightning struck elephants. 

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
jerry witherspoonTo Leo Woodland

Leo, eh Leo,

I am definitely not laughing now.  COVID AND HIP SURGERY robbed me of 2020 and so far the beginning of 2021.  I have so few precious years left, maybe three or four, to do a little touring.  Even with E assist touring in the upper 80s is very taxing, maybe questionable.  We shall see but Covid still lurks for those of us still unvaccinated.  

Spoon

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Leo WoodlandTo jerry witherspoon

Oh, my dear Lord Spoon

Life isn't a fight but at times you have to fight to live. I know you will. And that you are. How many 50-year-olds do you know who have done what you've done, who can do even what you're doing now? How many of your own age? Courage, my friend. Keep on behaving disgracefully.

happy days

léo

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Graham SmithTo Victa Calvo

Hi Victa if you sit there gazing long enough I might ride over from Canberra and pay a visit. Now the state borders are clanging open, a trans Oz ride is back on the To Do list for autumn.

My nephew is currently cycle touring in Tasmania and he’s having a wonder time. It’d be an excellent choice for your next ride.

Yesterday’s Canberra sunset. Another brilliant day in the Bush Capital.
Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Victa CalvoTo Graham Smith

Stay in touch Graham. My gmail address is my first initial and surname, no spaces. 

We're about 12 km north of the city centre, 300 metres from the beach, a good spot to base yourself. And we offer a free pick-up and drop off service to the airport for all cycleblaze pedallers  :-)

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Keith KleinTo Leo Woodland

And I will add my deux centimes worth and echo Leo’s sentiments. And may joy be with you all.

Cheers,

Keith 

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
jerry witherspoonTo Wayne Estes

Hi Wayne,  just a shout out on CB to say howdy.  Don’t feel bad about being banned from the other site that will not be named.  I’ll have you know that I self banned, after great years of tour bragging, when I needed E help.  The deity had decried.  So be it.

spoon

PS, Kelly is vacationing this week, riding lots daily in Tucson.

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
jerry witherspoonTo Wayne Estes

Hi Wayne,  just a shout out on CB to say howdy.  Don’t feel bad about being banned from the other site that will not be named.  I’ll have you know that I self banned, after great years of tour bragging, when I needed E help.  The deity had decried.  So be it.

spoon

PS, Kelly is vacationing this week, riding lots daily in Tucson.

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago