I just thought... (page 6) - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

I just thought... (page 6)

Brent IrvineTo Mike Ayling

Interesting. For a few reasons I am quite ok with not being associated with that site.

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Mike AylingTo Graham Smith

Graham wrote - Now that the State borders are clanging open.  -

What a lot can happen in three days! Not sure what we are doing wrong here in Victoria but we are having more lockdowns than all the other States combined.

Mike

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Graham SmithTo Mike Ayling

Hi Mike yes this latest outbreak and lockdown was is not what Melbourne needed. At least it is only a week, and fingers crossed it works.

I’ve just been to Sydney for a short visit, and was surprised by how lax the compliance with masks was on public transport. We certainly wore ours. 

All the best to you and your family.

A lot of people say I look a lot better like this.
Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Mike AylingTo Leo Woodland

That I am not immortal!

Just heard that a fellow Vincentian had a presumably mild heart attack on Saturday and was hoping to be discharged from hospital today, Monday.

He is a man maybe a few years younger than me, not overweight, non smoker, non drinker, not sure about his exercise routine.

My heart rate does not get too high when climbing because my legs start saying no! This aging muscle loss is a bummer.

Mike

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Michael JenningsTo Leo Woodland

Hi Léo. I'm glad you're well. I have not much to report touring wise: a three day jaunt to Mid-Wales, summer of 2019 was the last.  There were a couple of trips to Manchester before that. I liked it so much I moved there, from May 2019 to August 2020. In fact what happened was, our son bought a house, moving from his 7/8th floor flat in Old Trafford to leafier Flixton. It needed a bit of work. I did most of it.

Since moving back to London, I've done a few day rides, the longest up Box Hill and back. Lately, during the cold snap I've been touring our back bedroom on an exercise bike, while listening to Creedence Clearwater Revival.

Best of,

Mick

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago