I just thought... - CycleBlaze

Bicycle Travel Forum

I just thought...

Leo Woodland

...I'd say hallo to everyone and hope that things go well for all in this hour of plague

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Jeff LeeTo Leo Woodland

Léo! How are you doing? The Great Divide is waiting for you when this pandemic is finally over :)

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Edward HitchcockTo Leo Woodland

Hello Léo

Just saying hello (from Canéjan near Bordeaux) to another anglophone in France as I dip my toe in the water on this site having been banned from that other site.  I see you wrote up something about a Semaine Fédérale .  Are you planning to go to this year's one in Valognes?   I have just registered.  But I do wonder whether we will be out of the covid woods in time for it.

Best wishes

Ed

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Leo WoodlandTo Jeff Lee

Hi Jeff

Yes, I still dream of riding it. I have pages and pages of notes, including just where on the route to see where the oldest circus elephant in America was struck by lightning. Of such trivia are memorable journeys made.

I also want to see my penfriends on death row around the country. But...

One day all this will be over and I'll be able to go there and you here.

happy days

léo

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Leo WoodlandTo Edward Hitchcock

Hi Ed

I had friends in England who were proud of having been to jail. They went, they said, in a just cause (in this case after a protest at nuclear weapons). Being banned from Another Website doesn't have the same world-saving qualities but it remains something to be proud of.

So, Canéjan. That makes you about 150km from me. Why not send me a message (leowoodland@neuf.fr) and we can exchange histoires de guerre.

happy days

léo

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Andrea BrownTo Leo Woodland

Hi Léo! We're here waiting for vaccines and springtime. It's good to hear from you.

-Andrea

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Leo WoodlandTo Andrea Brown

Hi Andrea

How the devil are you? Lovely to hear from you.

Yes, I think we're all in the same position, aren't we? I was due to have my vaccination at the end of this month but I don't know when it will be now because Another Country has snaffled half our vaccines. But the sun shone for a few hours yesterday and, while I didn't get out on my bike because of other things to do, Steph did - and in shorts!

Does the sun shine upon Andreaworld?

happy days

léo

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Andrea BrownTo Leo Woodland

The sun shines intermittently, it's Portland, it's winter. I have two twin granddaughters that light things up though, they turn 1 in eleven days. Watch out world! 

Covid has been a slog but we're getting through it. I'm a natural introvert so staying home has been my secret delight. Don't tell anybody though.

-A

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Leo WoodlandTo Andrea Brown

I won't tell a soul. I don't have any friends anyway, so who would I tell?

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago
Robert EwingTo Jeff Lee

I fervently hope and pray this pandemic is finally over and our many Great Divides can resume. My second injection is scheduled for next week end. MJ got me on a list for "the last shot of the night" at her hospital. Two weeks later we get a call that there might be a dose left over that night. Two and a half hours later I rolled up my sleeve. 

As for riding, I'm taking the roads much less pedaled and so far it's seems to have made the difference. I notice Moderna is working on a third dose for variants. I'm also reminded the black death hung around for over 400 years. I'm going to sew Velcro on my helmet straps to hold my N95s in place for the duration.

Stay safe

Reply    Link    Flag
3 years ago