Journal Comments - Can('t) Hurt Me - CycleBlaze

From Can('t) Hurt Me by Jordan Buckner

Jeff Lee commented on Day 65 - Jerry Johnson hot springs, ID to Kooskia, ID

Great writeup.

Loved the story about that maniac with the modded Jet Boil!

Scott Anderson commented on Day 65 - Jerry Johnson hot springs, ID to Kooskia, ID

That is an amazing day. Don’t think you’ll forget this one.

Susan Carpenter commented on Day 60 - Anaconda, MT to Hamilton, MT

Hey Jordan - I used to live in Hamilton and would often take visitors over Skalkaho pass - always by car, with hands clutching the steering wheel. I can only imagine what a wild and woolly ride it was! Well done!

Jeff Lee commented on a photo in Day 54 - Togwotee pass, WY to Grant Village, WY

Great photo!

2 weeks ago
Jeff Lee commented on a photo in Day 55 - Grant Village, WY to West Yellowstone, MT

Ah, West Yellowstone. In my experience, the biggest tourist trap in the United States of America. I can't imagine what motels or cabins cost there this year. It was horrendously expensive on my tour in 2019, and of course, due to my poor planning, I ended up spending two nights there.

2 weeks ago
Paulette Frye commented on Day 53 - Dubois, WY to Togwotee pass, WY

The picture of Pinnacle Butte is great. I remember how much Papa and I enjoyed Wyoming when we visited it when we went to Meghan and Ed’s wedding. Loved Yellowstone too. Enjoy it all!

2 weeks ago
Scott Anderson commented on a photo in Day 51 - Jeffrey City, WY to Lander, WY

This photo is amazing. Mary looks like she’s made of steel here. A lot has changed over the past month.

3 weeks ago
Mike Ayling commented on a photo in Day 51 - Jeffrey City, WY to Lander, WY

Only cyclists are allowed to park anywhere they want !

3 weeks ago
Patricia Cyr commented on a photo in Day 48 - another day off in Saratoga, WY

Looks like a table of like minded souls living your best life!

3 weeks ago
Scott Anderson commented on Day 46 - Walden, CO to Saratoga, WY

Courage!

4 weeks ago
Jeff Lee commented on Day 46 - Walden, CO to Saratoga, WY

Glad you scored free indoor lodging, and that the hot springs were everything you hoped for!

4 weeks ago
Scott Anderson commented on a photo in Day 44 - Silverthorn, CO to Kremmling, CO

I love this shot. Best feeling in the world.

4 weeks ago
Kelly Iniguez commented on Day 43 - Fairplay, CO to Silverthorn, CO

I"m not sure that link is coming through. At about mile 12 of your day, take a right on Ute Pass Road, which takes you in to Hot Sulphur Springs. That will be a 44 mile day.

1 month ago
Kelly Iniguez commented on Day 43 - Fairplay, CO to Silverthorn, CO

Hi. I hope you read this before the morning. I'm sorry you aren't enjoying my home state, Colorado. We have some wonderful cycling, but Route 9 is not it.

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/36559051 -take this route. You will miss this nice hostel in Kremmling - but you'll love the peace of the (good) dirt road. I've taken my recumbent bike on it. You will be fine.

If the mileage is a little short, you can go on to Granby, then Walden.

1 month ago