Journal Comments - Looking Back With 2020 Vision, Part I - CycleBlaze

From Looking Back With 2020 Vision, Part I by Scott Anderson & Rachael Anderson

Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Patrick O'Hara on Closing the curtains

If you go away this year? Of course you’re going away this year, silly!

Patrick O'Hara commented on Closing the curtains

Congratulations Team Anderson. For five months, your journal has been on of the highlights of my daily bedtime reading. Enjoy your time at home. Let us know when you will be up our way in July. You may have an empty condo to stay at if we go away this year!

Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Bob Distelberg on Closing the curtains

Thanks so much for following along, Bob. I suspect we’ll know sooner than later. I’m a notorious blabbermouth.

Bob Distelberg commented on Closing the curtains

Thanks for the great writing. Can't wait for your next adventure to start. Don't keep us in suspense too long!
Bob

5 months ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Steve Miller/Grampies on a photo in In Bisbee: a photo gallery

It’s quite a spectacle, alright, all of these Victorian houses and shacks built into these colorful hills, feeling frozen in time. I don’t know of another place in our country quite like it.

5 months ago
Steve Miller/Grampies replied to a comment by Scott Anderson on a photo in In Bisbee: a photo gallery

Well now, you could have borrowed if necessary from your 2016 Sojourn.
But you got a new set of really swell shots.

It's a (to me) rare architecturally interesting US town.

Bruce Lellman replied to a comment by Scott Anderson on Closing the curtains

Yes, this will be fun. I've been dying to go to this great new restaurant, Malka, in Portland and all the more fun to go with you two and to celebrate completion of both our long bike trips.

Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Bruce Lellman on Closing the curtains

How about a celebration dinner at Malka? It’s a place none of us have ever been before.

Bruce Lellman commented on Closing the curtains

Bravo!!

Thank you both for bringing us to places we have never been.

Encore!!

5 months ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Kathleen Classen on In Tucson: one last loop

So this is supposed to make us feel guilty? When is version 7.0 going to roll around? We’re tired of reading our own journal!

Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Suzanne Gibson on Closing the curtains

Thanks again, Suzanne. Great to have had you along with us. One of these times though we’ll have to hit a landscape that you can relate to a bit better. It’s a long ways from Bavaria to Bisbee!

Suzanne Gibson commented on Closing the curtains

What a privilege to be able to follow you two on your bikes around the world. So thanks and thanks again to you and Rachael for your wonderful documentation.

Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Jen Grumby on Closing the curtains

I wish I were creative enough to consciously make this up. It would only come to me in a dream, two nights before departure. I woke up and wrote it down immediately before it faded away, knowing it was one I wanted to remember. It’s interesting all the different themes it stitches together, isn’t it? I think the singer came in because of Adam Driver’s performance in Marriage Story, which we had just seen. I especially liked the raven shadow.

Jen Grumby commented on Closing the curtains

OK .. I gotta know ... Was that dream real, embellished-real, or fiction?

Whichever, what a great story! I felt like you, the dreamer, were 85% in charge of what would happen next.

Can't wait to see you two!

Have a great time at your dad's birthday celebration.

Thanks for another incredible run of inspiring entertainment. Looking forward to the pre-tour posts while you're in Portland!

Jen Grumby commented on a photo in In Bisbee: a photo gallery

"I wish I had been a fly on the wall during THAT conversation..."