Journal Comments - Looking Back With 2020 Vision, Part I - CycleBlaze

From Looking Back With 2020 Vision, Part I by Scott Anderson & Rachael Anderson

Bill Shaneyfelt commented on a photo in To Tucson: the Winkelman Vee

I don't recall ever seeing a Saguaro with so many "arms."

5 hours ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Jen Grumby on a photo in In Death Valley: Desolation Canyon & Mesquite Dunes

You know, I thought about walking down dune a bit further to line up better, but this was far enough. Pretty steep slope.

7 hours ago
Ron Suchanek commented on a map in In Death Valley: Dante’s View

Oh for Pete's sake! I have to wonder if you planned this ride just for the elevation profile, expecting a childish outburst from me. Unbelievable. Your attempt to pull me into the muck by this obvious mammarian stunt won't work. Not on me!
I won't stoop to this level. Maintaining my integrity.
Yep, staying the course.
Not gonna do it.
Aaahh, the hell with it.
BOOBS!!!

8 hours ago
Ron Suchanek replied to a comment by ann maher on a map in In Death Valley: Dante’s View

Hi Ann, I've had the premium version in past years and it's worth it for advanced route planning, stitching together segments and things like that. Aside from that, the basic is probably adequate. I've been playing with an app called Komoot, which has apparently has pretty sophisticated routing capabilities worldwide. I am using the free version now but they have a subscription option like RWGPS, and/or you can buy access to maps worldwide (updates free) for $30. It's worth checking out and it gets great reviews.

8 hours ago
Ron Suchanek commented on In Death Valley: Dante’s View

That hypothermia is scary. Glad you got warm in time.

8 hours ago
Ron Suchanek commented on a photo in In Death Valley: Dante’s View

8 hours ago
Jen Grumby commented on a photo in In Death Valley: Desolation Canyon & Mesquite Dunes

Almost tall enough to reach over and tap Small Sitting Man on the shoulder!

8 hours ago
Ron Suchanek commented on a photo in At Borrego Springs: Montezuma Valley

Have you tried bighorn sheep bacon with delicious canned chicken in a rice-and-lentil stew? If you do, let me know how it is.

8 hours ago
Ron Suchanek commented on a photo in At Borrego Springs: Montezuma Valley

You're close enough to scratch his belly! (That's the best way to determine whether a snake is friendly or not.)

8 hours ago

That looks like the spine of a sleeping creature!

8 hours ago

This is a great photo of you, Rachael! You look like a natural on that rock.

Watch out, Alex Honnold!

8 hours ago
Bill Shaneyfelt replied to a comment by Scott Anderson on a photo in In Globe: Roosevelt Lake

Flowers in North America are fairly easy with the search and ID info online nowadays.
My degree from Arizona State U. in Tempe was Zoology, (Herpetology was my favorite) so sometimes I actually remember a few key things about critters. Too bad there isn't the same search capabilities for insects though.

11 hours ago
Scott Anderson commented on a photo in In Globe: Roosevelt Lake

Croak!

21 hours ago
Scott Anderson replied to a comment by Bill Shaneyfelt on a photo in In Globe: Roosevelt Lake

Well, now that’s impressive. I expected a suggestion about the flower, but not the fly.

21 hours ago
Jen Grumby commented on In Globe: Roosevelt Lake

That's cool that you got to talk with the innkeeper about the history. Hard to imagine what it must have felt like as a crowded crash pad for miners! They really made it look beautiful.

1 day ago