Day 7 Rest Day in Tucson with friends - Gass-powered Tandem: xcountry - CycleBlaze

March 6, 2021

Day 7 Rest Day in Tucson with friends

Since we forgot to take a picture last night, we had brunch with my h.s. friends today.  

L to R: Ken, Phil, Lisa, Linda, John, Francie
Heart 2 Comment 1
Devra JohnsonHow wonderful!!! All of your smiles depict an incredible heartfelt reunion!! I bet it will be one of the best days of your trip.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago

Ate at the Eclectic Cafe on Tanque Verde.  It is a 40 year old restaurant that is family run and delicious!  John who has lived in Tucson for years knows the owner.   Then just a few hours later we returned to meet Ken's friend from childhood and his wife:  Clark Norton and Catharine.  Clark is about to update his book, 100 Things To Do In Tucson Before You Die. 

L to R: Clark, Catharine, Francie, Ken
Heart 3 Comment 2
Carole BausellSorry about Ken's cold. Francie, you are beautiful.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Pamela McRaeNice to see Clark. It's been a lot of years since Greencastle.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago

We are feeling good except for Ken's sore throat and stuffy nose.  Bought more sunscreen.  The sun is brutal and I'm not happy with my red sensitive face.  Oh and it is DRY here.  

Rate this entry's writing Heart 5
Comment on this entry Comment 3
Joann JohnsonWhat fun to be able to have a much needed rest day with friends. You guys look great! Considering the route descriptions, I think I'd be laying in bed! LOL On the average are the temps in the 80's during the day?
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Julie GassI'm so sorry Ken has a cold! You do look great. You must be loving the rest day. It looks beautiful out there. Stay safe!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Margery GassSo nice you were able to meet up with longtime friends! Loving all the photos.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago