Day 33 St. Francisville, LA to Franklinton, LA - Gass-powered Tandem: xcountry - CycleBlaze

April 1, 2021

Day 33 St. Francisville, LA to Franklinton, LA

Heart 0 Comment 0

Sunny all day  and with headwinds all day. We rode through forests and farmlands. If the winds had been from another direction or lighter it would have been a nearly perfect day.

Heart 3 Comment 0
Heart 0 Comment 0

We experienced dog trauma today. A dog crossed the road and chased us. A minute later a semi truck passed us and killed the dog. It was so fast and so sad.  Train your dogs to stay on their property!

We are in a bare-bones motel with spotty wifi. Something I haven't mentioned is the amount if litter we have seen along the roadways in Texas and LA.  So unnecessary!

Today's ride: 76 miles (122 km)
Total: 744 miles (1,197 km)

Rate this entry's writing Heart 7
Comment on this entry Comment 5
Scott AndersonA shame about the dog, but I’m glad none in your party was injured. It sounds like a unpredictable, dangerous situation.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Ken GassYes, we went from surprise by the sudden bark right next to us, next shouting agrily at the dog to "Go home!", and then sudden grief and anger toward tbe owners in the front yard for the senseless slaughter. The semi driver must have known what had happened, but had to clear us to reenter our lane, and sped on down the road, as did we.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Jeanna & Kerry SmithSo sad, but I'm glad you weren't hurt.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Devra JohnsonSo sad about the dog. I bet your heart rates elevated during this episode. Looks like the scenery has become more varied along the way.......lots of beautiful pics. You're almost on the home stretch now!!!! Woo hoo!
Reply to this comment
3 years ago
Margery GassWhat a shame.
Reply to this comment
3 years ago